Got my gator mount back!

BREAK'N WINGS

Sweet looking mounts!!! Got me a tag this year, maybe I'll get the chance to mount a monster like that!!!

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Couldn't you sell the rest of the skin? I heard they go for 33$ a foot. OR have some belts and wallets or pocket book made for your self and wife.

gt40

PS: What did you do with the meat? That is some fine eating.

Last edited:

ktc286

Couldn't you sell the rest of the skin? I heard they go for 33$ a foot. OR have some belts and wallets or pocket book made for your self and wife.

gt40

PS: What did you do with the meat? That is some fine eating.

You know honestly I don't know about selling the skins. I am sure you can, but I have always done something with most of my gators (tan the hide or mount). I have found out though that wallets, boots, etc. are a little too pricey to have done for this country boy!! The meat is fantastic and I usually always process them myself. The big one was a different story as I left the "TONS" of meat with the guys I was hunting with. They seemed very happy to take it!!!

walkinboss01

Awesome mount!!

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have found out though that wallets, boots, etc. are a little too pricey to have done for this country boy!!

Buy a wallet you like and cut the stitching so you can separate all the part. Then trace the parts on the gator leather and go to a shoe repair shop and he will probably sew it together for $10. OR have your wife or mother sew it. OR do it yourself. When there is a will there is a way.

gt40

Jasper

Very cool! Congrats!

27metalman

Great looking mount. Hope I get a "mounting" size one this year.

justus3131

What to do with gator

Ronald is a friend of mine so I guess I will have to say that I get a "friend discount", but the shoulder mount cost me $450 and the fully body was around $1K. I left the remainder of the 12ft. hide with my friends in FL. I honestly didn't know what to do with such a large hide!

You sell the hide and meat--normally over $30 a foot.

those are awesome mounts. congratulations on your success.