first bear

turkeyslayer88

Shot this 400 pound bear on October 2nd in fargo at about 8:30 Thursday morning.

Attachments

• Zacks bear (86) (600x800).jpg
    Zacks bear (86) (600x800).jpg
    458.3 KB · Views: 2,072

bucky

Congrats on the bear. Did you have it weighted. I don't think it's quite 400. But still a good rug.

Marlin_444

Nice Bear!

Killer Kyle

Yup, that's a 400 lber! Great job man! What are you going to do? Rug, mount, euro mount? I'm in the final stages of my bear's euro mount right now. It's a lot of work, but totally worth it. The skull looks great!

Killer Kyle

Also, what is the story man? Have you been after this bear? Gear? What was the set up like? Shot? What was the haul out like? What are you doing with the meat? That is an AWESOME bear!!

Budda

looks about 200 pounds..... but congrats

I take it you don't bear hunt much. Ifn you think it's 200 pounds then I would like you to guess my old nags weight. She's been sick lately and could use some flattery

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That's a nice bear, and I don't doubt a bit that it weighs 400 lbs. Maybe some of them hatin' fellers shoulda helped you drag it out of the woods and they'd tell a different story. :) That thing is about filling up that truck bed, I can fit a 200-lb. deer between the tailgate and load extender in my lil' Nissan. :)Congrats!

Etoncathunter

At 1st glance it didn't look 400, but one ya really look you can see the sheer mass of the animal. He takes up a lot of the bed of that truck, and look at the size of those legs they look bigger around than turkeyslayer him self. For those saying 200# please estimate my weight, I could use the ego boost. Lol

turkeyslayer88

Also, what is the story man? Have you been after this bear? Gear? What was the set up like? Shot? What was the haul out like? What are you doing with the meat? That is an AWESOME bear!!

Im doing the 1/2 life-size mount, I will post a pictures when it is finished. I was in a box stand and have watched this bear on camera for about a month before bear season. Finally on Thursday morning, I was able to get a shot on him with my TC Dimension 30-06. He was a little over 200 yards. The woods are very wet where I was hunting as you can see in the picture so I was lucky that he dropped where he stood. The haul out was easy, it took 4 of us to load him onto the back of our Kubota RTV. Then we picked him up with a tractor to dress him and gave the meat to friends. :shoot:

Killer Kyle

I'm not very well educated on the regs of bear hunting down there. Is a. 30-06 legal at this time down there?

Etoncathunter

I'm not very well educated on the regs of bear hunting down there. Is a. 30-06 legal at this time down there?

Was curious about this as well so I looked it up. They have a firearms hunt in Sept, 1st week in Oct, and 2nd week in Oct. Never knew they started that early, always assumed they had the same days we did up here.

The mtn man

Yup, that's a 400 lber! Great job man! What are you going to do? Rug, mount, euro mount? I'm in the final stages of my bear's euro mount right now. It's a lot of work, but totally worth it. The skull looks great!

Kyle, there is a guy here that does euros dirt cheap, he calls his part time business Appalachian skull works, in the past I did my deer bear and hogs, it's worth it to me to let him do it due to the price, he lives about 15 min. From Hiawassee