Heard County

toolmkr20

We don’t start seeing any rut action on our lease in Heard till closer to middle or end of December. Our lease is on Frolona Rd. So far on my cams still seeing young fawns with older doe with the bigger bucks still hanging with each other.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Wide open chasing in NE part of the county this morning. Dad had young bucks giving a doe fits and I killed a 13 point right on the heels of a doe.

PAW-PAW BUCK

Congratulations Dustin, That 13 PT is a stud. I hunt in the frolona area and scrapes are definitely showing up more and rubs to. got some nice ones on the cams. My cams are set up on scrapes.

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
Starting to see some scrapes and rubs and a few small ones pestering does

toolmkr20

Post up those Heard Co. cam pics guys. I’m going to try and pull cards tomorrow to see how things are shaping up. If I have anything decent I’ll post it up.

toolmkr20

Few more pics. They're hitting my mineral lick hard plus I got a few yellow acorns out. I have a beast of a 6pt running around. Good crop of doe as well.

cam 169.JPGcam 170.JPGcam 211.JPGcam 223.JPGcam 235.JPGcam 479.JPGcam 509.JPGcam 591.JPG

gma1320

How is everyone's season going so far?

toolmkr20

I had that big old doe in the picture above come by Sunday afternoon on opening weekend. She stayed just out of range for an archery shot. There is a reason she's gotten as old as she has. She is one smart cookie, probably won't see her during rifle season.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Only been once due to heat. I've got a really good 11 pt showing up pretty regularly, but I'm almost afraid to risk blowing it sweating like a pig.

gma1320

Only been once due to heat. I've got a really good 11 pt showing up pretty regularly, but I'm almost afraid to risk blowing it sweating like a pig.
Yeah that's my worry as well. Went Saturday evening of last week with no results other than sweet saturated clothes. Seen one opening morning. But with the heat and limited hunting spots I decided not to go this weekend and will probably just hunt public land till it cools off some

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Lots of water oaks and red oaks are starting to fall and the deer are hammering them. Shot a doe last night who fed for 30 + minutes in a small oak flat.