Shooting from the barn

ucfireman

Just trying to see how others feel. I live on my property. I have a barn that sits in the middle of the areas I usually hunt. I usually hunt from the ground or a ladder stand. I feel a little guilty hunting from the barn. I guess its the same as a ground blind, but?. What about shooting from the porch or when you see a good one in the front yard?
Should I feel guilty? Do y'all find it unethical or immoral?
Just wanting opinions. Would y'all?

cathooker

Several years ago I had permission to hunt a plot of land that had an old barn on it and I found that the barn was the best stand on the entire 100 acres. I got in it one day when it started raining and I ended up killing a nice buck that evening. I killed several deer using that barn as my blind...my opinion is that it is just a big shooting house...

amoore28

During cotton picking time I have left the cotton picker in a part of a field that don't offer any good tree stand sights. Deer don't think twice about a parked cotton picker. I'll be laying on top. It's get them everytime

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I'd do it , I've shot a few off my back porch!

B

BornNRaised

why would you feel guilty hunting from your barn?

Honestly????

Feel blessed brother

NUTT

If your objective is to kill a deer I'd say dead is dead no matter where or how it's done so it's legal.

misterpink

All good with me. Different hunts I want different experiences out of. Up close. 500 yards. Swamp. Oaks. Rut. Bow stalk. First light. Last light. Nooner. Buddy hunt. Kid hunt. Granddaddys rifle. AR. They are all cool in their own way.

bullgator

The barn OK. I think the porch is more opportunity shooting and not so much hunting, so that's for you to decide.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Several years ago I had permission to hunt a plot of land that had an old barn on it and I found that the barn was the best stand on the entire 100 acres. I got in it one day when it started raining and I ended up killing a nice buck that evening. I killed several deer using that barn as my blind...my opinion is that it is just a big shooting house...

^^^ Yep, this ^^^

ucfireman

why would you feel guilty hunting from your barn?

Honestly????

Feel blessed brother
Don't really have a reason other than growing up hunting was always "in the woods". Just asking opinions. I have sat in it before just never long and never saw anything worth shooting. As someone said "dead is dead" as long as its legal.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I would surely use it:clap:

boatbuilder

Just trying to see how others feel. I live on my property. I have a barn that sits in the middle of the areas I usually hunt. I usually hunt from the ground or a ladder stand. I feel a little guilty hunting from the barn. I guess its the same as a ground blind, but?. What about shooting from the porch or when you see a good one in the front yard?
Should I feel guilty? Do y'all find it unethical or immoral?
Just wanting opinions. Would y'all?

I see no problem with it. A hay loft makes a good stand espically if it's raining. Square bales make a good rifle rest. So does a kitchen window sill.

Bushwhacker

I looked hard in the Reg. book and couldn't find a thing illegal about shooting deer from a barn! Kick back, get comfy and enjoy yourself.

Johnny 71

Junebug
I think it's awesome, put you a nice chair and a cooler up there, and have fun