Few good folks left out there

earlyspur

I just want to say that there are some fine men up in the GA mountains. I locked my keys in my vehicle Saturday morning at Cohutta and did not have my spare and was nearly an hour from town. Within 30 mins I had 3 trucks and 4 guys there helping out and we got it unlocked. And they gave this South GA swamper a few pointers that helped me get extremely close to sealing a bird. You won't get that kind of treatment from fellow hunters in the Piedmont and especially South GA. Just wanted to give a thanks to those guys. Meant a lot.

Timberman

I like it! There's good people up there!

I had a similiar experience on Cooper Creek WMA a couple weeks ago. I was up in Sea Creek when the EFI fuse blew on my 4runner and left me stuck in the middle of the road. I'm messing with it when some Homeboys show up headed out after camping for a week. They wouldn't have it any other way but to get me turned around and pull me with a tow strap all the way to Coopers Creek Store where I bought fuses and continued on my way.:flag:

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
You just don't know the right people if you think folks in S. Ga. won't help out. There are good and bad folks everywhere.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
You just don't know the right people if you think folks in S. Ga. won't help out. There are good and bad folks everywhere.

Yep.

shootemall

I commute to Atlanta on an express bus, and forgot I parked at a different stop last week. An African American lady I'd never met made a 14 mile round trip to take me to my truck without being asked. Good people everywhere, hope the chain doesn't stop with me.

Curvebow05

I always stop to help when I can. Funny to read this today as Just this morning I helped a young college girl out with something simple, putting coolant in her Jeep. She had no idea that you could put it in the radiator. System was bone dry and she was thinking of just driving to class then to the dealership or Autozone. That motor would've been wrecked if she attempted that(don't overheat a Jeep... ever) I showed her how to add coolant to the radiator, reservoir, and make sure it cycles through the system and add more if need be. I drive an old Jeep myself when I'm not in the company car and will one day need a hand in return. It's just how I was raised. Always help when you can, and try even if you can't. Everything comes full circle no matter where you are, and the big "hills" here are maybe a 20 foot elevation change over the course of a mile.

ugajay

Good and bad folks everywhere, not just the mountains. Chances are early in the morning, most of the Yahoo's have bedded down and the good folks are doing what they do, hunting, working, helping out. Good on those mountain boys though

glynr329

I remember back in the day we were at Oaky woods. Anyone been there knows if you get stuck there you are really stuck. Anyway we got stuck and several guys drove to the top of the hill and turned around left. We finally got out but I guess sometimes good people show up and then again they don't. Good people and not so good everywhere.