Anyone sick of this?

nock'em dead

I know, I know, let's start a thread on "who passed up the most BIG BUCKS to kill tender 4pts & does" !!!!!!!!:banana:

:bangingheNevermind, I forgot that all the "Trophy Hunters" are targeting all the older bucks which is causing does to go un-bred, & devastating the deer population. Causing all the meat-hunters not to see any deer!:cry:

No,No its ---- the Trophy guys are making it where your not allowed to kill any!!! Ummmm --- wait, we have 12 tags, but only 2 are buck tags??? That can't be right!:confused:

Ummm----Ummm---- Well, trophy hunters are just MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

You want to know whats funny? All the trophy bucks I shoot weigh 230 - 250 lbs, & I get about 5 bags of ground meat from mine for $60!!! :yeah: Who's the sucker now!!!!:whip:

1gr8bldr

I sometimes envy those who are meat hunters. I remember when hunting was more fun. I got several really good bucks, and the sad thing is that at this point, I had rather see them grow than I had see them on my wall. Keep it up, have fun, blast all you want. I hope you never reach the point that you go hunting, knowing full well that you have no intentions of shooting anything.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
I am a meat hunter. I let the big boys walk for the younger guys.
All I want is my freezer filled.

gt40

Dirtroad Johnson

Great, Us trophy hunters need hunters like you to keep the buck/doe ratio in check.

Appriciate your QDM involvment.:cheers:

You guys crying about trophy hunters are so hypicritical its not even funny. Let me guess, a 150 class 10 point steps out with a yearlin spike and you just sing enne menne minne moe and then you shoot the one you stop on? RRIIGGHHTTTTT!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rolleyes:

One last thing, you meat hunters are making the wrong assumption that trophy hunters only shoot trophies. We shoot trophies but we also like deer meat just like you and that is accomplished by shooting cull bucks and fat and sassy does at our pleasure.

If you don't like shooting big bucks or catching the biggest fish, great, but don't come here with your hypicritical banter of those of us that do becuase we decide to ask "should we shoot or not" or "what will he score". Just go to the most does shot thread and have a hay day.:cheers:

Well put IMO.

DCHunter

I look at the whether or not the deer has a bad attitude before I decide to shoot. The big bucks seem to always have bad attitudes, especially around the rut, so I always shoot them if and when i see them. The smaller bucks and the does only sometimes have bad attitudes so I let some of them go and others I shoot.

Banned
You get 10 does!!!!!!!!! That's a ton of freakin' meat. I am not really a trophy Hunter but I do like to shoot nice bucks. The meat goes in the freezer, you eat it and it is gone. A good buck makes a great display for you to remember a hunt for life

I don't need a head on the wall to have great memories,I get those watchin my kids and now grandkids.

gemcgrew

I sometimes envy those who are meat hunters. I remember when hunting was more fun. I got several really good bucks, and the sad thing is that at this point, I had rather see them grow than I had see them on my wall. Keep it up, have fun, blast all you want. I hope you never reach the point that you go hunting, knowing full well that you have no intentions of shooting anything.

Good post! I quit deer hunting years ago when it no longer felt like a challenge. I would never infringe on someones right to hunt their style.

Jeff Phillips

What ever happened to killing for meat. I am fed up with the threads that read "What will he score?" "150+?", you don't eat the horns so why does it matter.

Here is a tip for you: Don't open those threads, then you won't have to whine about them.:rofl:

I'm trying to figure out why it's OK for the anti-antler crowd to whine and moan about the trophy hunter but the trophy hunters get a warning for saying a buck woulda been a goodun next year:huh:

spinefish

Here is a tip for you: Don't open those threads, then you won't have to whine about them.:rofl:

I'm trying to figure out why it's OK for the anti-antler crowd to whine and moan about the trophy hunter but the trophy hunters get a warning for saying a buck woulda been a goodun next year:huh:

I like this post.

GTHunter007

:pop::clap:

Cam Fan

Wow, I hunt for the enjoyment of it. I really would rather buy rib eyes too. But I am at an age that just knowing I could have shot a particular deer is satisfaction enough for me. It is not just the kill, or the meat or the horns I like. I like sitting in a tree on a cold frosty morning watching what ever comes in my area. Flying squirrels, turkeys, etc. I have killed many small and large bucks. When I am sitting in a tree and I see a 6 point and I do not get excited seeing it I will then quit hunting. I shot a 10 and an 11 the same morning last year. It was 4 years since I had shot another, and I may not shoot another for another 4 years. To each their own. Have a safe and enjoyable hunting season.

southernboy2147

Who told? But nall, I'm just tired of people trophy hunting now, if you want a trophy buck, go shoot a $20,000 pen raised deer. But thats my 10 cent and I am sticking to it.

this has to be one of the dumbest statements i have ever heard in my life... ya i just took it there :pop:

im just tired of people like you that mess up the people that try to QDM. it only takes one club of idjits like you to screw up a area... i know bc we use to see tons of deer everytime we went... bc we didnt shoot alot, 3 years ago a new group of guys some land next to us and your lucky to see 3 or 4 on a hunt now... thanks to people like you. quit your whinning us trophy hunters aint costin you know money like your costing us.

Dirtroad Johnson

I agree with you Jeff.

bullgator

They don't make X-ray trail cams that show you all that trophy meat......so, we just talk about the rack. Would you feel better if we were asking "how many pounds of venison will this one go"?.

mpwarrak

For years I said I was a meat hunter, but no matter how many times I tell myself "you can't eat anlers, you know", when that monster walks across in front of me, my heart doesn't believe me, and wants to jump up into my throat! Why? I do love and need the meat, but here are some reasons I may sometimes let the little ones walk:

1. I think that the human mind is programmed by the Creator to take more pride in something we worked hard for. Think about when you were a teenager, if you're parents bought you a car,did you appreciate it nearly as much as if you had worked and earned the money to buy it? The reward is greater when you've worked hard to get an elusive, old buck. I go crazy if I don't have a challenge! To you meat-only hunters: IF YOU HAD A CHOICE BETWEEN HUNTING YOUR MEAT, OR HAVING SOMEONE ELSE GIVE YOU THE MEAT, WHICH WOULD YOU PICK? The 2nd option would be much less work. But you pick the first, because there's so much more we enjoy by hunting, other than the meat. Like:

2. What some of you already said: the cold air, the birds, animals, differing weather, peace and soltitude of the creation and nature. It all gives you time to relax, think, pray, or whatever.

3. Bucks are designed to spar with their antlers to settle disputes, but if that was the only reason they had antlers, they wouldn't have to look good. Their antlers are also designed to look nice and symmetrical, yet each one is unique! I look at whether the rack looks pretty or unique, and care less about the "score", though it's cool to know.

4. And yes, a buck sure makes a better memory, I'll be able to point to each little rack in my garage and tell my kids the story that goes with it.

So if you're just starting to hunt, taking a kid out, or you need the meat, take the first one you see! But if you hunt where deer abound, and you have enough meat, give yourself a challenge! Hunt with a bow, handgun, or hunt only for the big one! I let 3 small bucks go this morning, because I've already gotten a doe, and my camera tells me to save my buck tags for something else it has seen... :D

Hort Hunter

I like big racks, But I enjoy the whole experience about being in the woods. If you are going into the woods just fill up a freezer your, IMO, missing out on a great time. But, that's your choice and that's OK but don't gripe about us who hunt for racks.

rigderunner

Meat hunters are hunting for the wrong reason? Right....I haven't bought beef in years and besides ammo my hunting stuff was given to me years ago. So yes $20 is about all I spend.

I do beleive the reason we hunt is for meat to feed us people have forgotten why we as humans have hunted for thousands of years and that reason is to provide food for you and your family sure everyone wants to kill a monster buck but you should take what the good lord has given you and provide for your family instead of set there all season passing up does and small bucks waiting on a big buck if you shoot a doe you should be excited about harvesting the animal just the same as if you killed a monster buck or a rabbit and when it comes to horns ive boiled them baked them abd fried them and there still no good to eat after you have filled the freezer the It should be ok to set and wait on the big bucks