Golf

Lindseys Grandpa

I didn't start till I was 40. Went one time and was hooked. Played every chance I got and still play as much as I can.
Taught my wife to play.which is a experience in itself. Got down to a single digit handicap before a health issue and work interfered. It is a frustrating game, you can play great one day and terrible the next and have to except that. The biggest problem I see is people who play infrequently but expect to play well and get mad about it.
This is a game that takes time and practice to improve. However if you don't have time for that just go play and have fun. Don't take it serious . It's a game.
I read in Lou Holtz' book where he described how mad he used to get on the golf course till a Pro told him he wasn't good enough to get mad.

Duff

I didn't start till I was 40. Went one time and was hooked. Played every chance I got and still play as much as I can.
Taught my wife to play.which is a experience in itself. Got down to a single digit handicap before a health issue and work interfered. It is a frustrating game, you can play great one day and terrible the next and have to except that. The biggest problem I see is people who play infrequently but expect to play well and get mad about it.
This is a game that takes time and practice to improve. However if you don't have time for that just go play and have fun. Don't take it serious . It's a game.
I read in Lou Holtz' book where he described how mad he used to get on the golf course till a Pro told him he wasn't good enough to get mad.

This is 100% correct. It took me a while to realize I am not as good as I once was and never will be. I just don't play as much, plus I'm older. Once I realized that, the game became fun again. It is what it is. Just have fun.

ribber

Well, I'm 41 and just started. I had played maybe twice years ago. But, just bought some clubs @6 months ago and have really just started playing more frequently this Spring. Mostly only 9 holes once per week with occasional trip to range. I believe hitting the plastic balls in the back yard has helped me more than anything. I'm able to relax alone and focus on my swing and try different techniques. I could definitely use some longer irons, but I've adjusted to them. If I stick with it, I'll get custom at some point.
I'm playing 18 holes with 3 other guys from work this Friday and the 3 of them range from low 80s to low 90s. Hopefully, I won't lay an egg and get a good read on how good/bad I am.

PappyHoel

I used to really enjoy playing golf. I had to pick one hobby and hunting won.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I love to play golf as I have played about 40 years now off and on. Over these years, I have made some really fantastic shots and then again, there have been days that it looked like I didn't know what a golf club really was. I guess that is what the intrigue really is for me. My best score was a 76 and it was my first time playing that course. That day, I was playing with two other guys that played that course twice every week and they advised me what hazards were on the left, right, and over the next hill etc. They thought that I was lying when I told them that I had never played that course and I shot my best score ever that day.

I look forward to go on a yearly vacation at our place in Florida and play golf every day that week with my friends from Missouri and Kentucky. We have had a blast doing this and we have had some wonderful times together. These friends are just like family members as we have also stayed in touch since back in the early 1990's. Originally, we just happened to be matched up in a golf tournament at that time and we have been really close friends since.

Way back when.......I was a decent golfer for a while but age has caught up with me. Of course back then, I played golf 2-3 times per week but now, I don't play very often at all. To be decent at playing golf, you need to play very often and keep your muscles "tuned up" somewhat. This past year has not been good for me as since I haven't played much at all. :banginghe Even with that fact, I do hope to play golf with my friends again in July so I know that in the next 5 weeks, I am going to be playing a few times just to see if I can still swing a club again.

I hate any kind of medications and I would much rather be addicted to "playing golf" as this is a much better form of medication for me. :D:D:D

660griz

I played 9 holes yesterday, after work. Poured rain on us for the last 3 holes. Still fun.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I used to play 3 or 4 times a week. I was never great but I finally got to where I could shoot in the 80'S, even in the low 80'S on a good day. I enjoyed playing. Then I got where I could not play a lick. I tried everything and only got worse. I would get upset and be miserable. Finally realized I was not enjoying it and It was doing nothing but ruining a beautiful day. I sold my clubs 7 years ago and never played another hole.

toyota4x4h

Been hooked since 97 when I saw tiger win the masters. Got me a set of pawn shop clubs soon after. Hit around the yard. Got me a set of cheap but better than pawn shop clubs for chistmas that year and got on the middle school team. Played all of high school and Atlanta junior golf after hs. Fell out of playing going to college and junk. Nowadays I play 1-2 times a week and some range time. Get in a Tuesday dog fight every now n then. Love the game.

Lindseys Grandpa

We have tried on more than a couple of occasions to get a Forum golf outing. It has never worked out because of scheduling .

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
It is the Greatest game ever invented, PERIOD

Get Ben Hogan's book 5 Lesson's, Fundamentals of golf!!

Played my first round when I was 21. I was hooked and bought a set of clubs within a week. Took one lesson from a pro because I KNEW I had to have a "Correct grip"............then it was on me and I practiced and practiced. Books, videos, anything I could get my hands on pre Internet days. I got to be a solid 3-4 handicap and shot under par on a few occasions...........I think I can still break 80 on just about any day. FUNDAMENTALS will allow you to just go and hit the ball with fair precision.

I can just about count how many rounds I have played in the last 15 years on my fingers.......the only reason I dont play much is the cost is outrageous.
My 13yo son is also getting hooked as his papa works at a golf course and has been taking him.

Golf is the greatest individual game ever played..........You never beat her and she will teach you life lessons if you let her!

660griz

We have tried on more than a couple of occasions to get a Forum golf outing. It has never worked out because of scheduling .

That would be fun. I just played Summer Grove down in Newnan this past Thursday. That course kicked our booty for some reason. All four of us played like poo poo. Going back for a rematch this Thursday...hopefully. Course is not hard and was in great shape. Not sure why the wheels came off for everybody.

660griz

Get Ben Hogan's book 5 Lesson's, Fundamentals of golf!!

Played my first round when I was 21. I was hooked and bought a set of clubs within a week. Took one lesson from a pro because I KNEW I had to have a "Correct grip"............then it was on me and I practiced and practiced. Books, videos, anything I could get my hands on pre Internet days. I got to be a solid 3-4 handicap and shot under par on a few occasions...........I think I can still break 80 on just about any day. FUNDAMENTALS will allow you to just go and hit the ball with fair precision.

I can just about count how many rounds I have played in the last 15 years on my fingers.......the only reason I dont play much is the cost is outrageous.
My 13yo son is also getting hooked as his papa works at a golf course and has been taking him.

Golf is the greatest individual game ever played..........You never beat her and she will teach you life lessons if you let her!

Great post.

Lindseys Grandpa

HTML:
That would be fun. I just played Summer Grove down in Newnan this past Thursday. That course kicked our booty for some reason. All four of us played like poo poo. Going back for a rematch this Thursday...hopefully. Course is not hard and was in great shape. Not sure why the wheels came off for everybody.

gacowboy

GONetwork Member
I just got back into playing a couple of months ago. I hadn't played in about 12 years. Played off and on my younger days. It has been so much fun to get back out there. I've been playing at Highland Walk, Anybody else ever play there?

:flag::flag::flag:

Duff

I just got back into playing a couple of months ago. I hadn't played in about 12 years. Played off and on my younger days. It has been so much fun to get back out there. I've been playing at Highland Walk, Anybody else ever play there?

:flag::flag::flag:

I like that course. Have not played it in a few years, but it used to be in good shape. Fun course