Fishing Help

jh0715

Hello, going to go visit my son in Hiram,Ga. fathers day weekend. Looking for any ideas of good bass fishing ponds or lakes in this area that i can take him fishing? Any help appreciated.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Cole's is a pay pond on Hwy. #360 / McLand Rd. just on the Cobb Co. side of the line. The bank's are a lot cleaner than Lilly Pad, but I think the fish are better at Lilly Pad it's just harder to fish.

shootemall

Lake Alatoona, and lake Acworth aren't too far if you want to use a boat. I see yaks on Acworth all the time, not sure if you can launch a boat, but definitely on Alatoona. I like stopping by striper soup in Acworth to ask what's biting.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Thanks so much guys! I found lily pad on google.. can I put a boat in either pond?

There is a primitive dirt ramp on the big pond at Lilly Pad, but I wouldn't put anything bigger than a johnboat in there unless it was a duck boat. There is also an "out of bounds" area where no boats are allowed across from the ramp, other folks prop. No boats on Cole's but 90% of the banks are grassed.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Lake Alatoona, and lake Acworth aren't too far if you want to use a boat. I see yaks on Acworth all the time, not sure if you can launch a boat, but definitely on Alatoona. I like stopping by striper soup in Acworth to ask what's biting.

Acworth is electric only.

wareagle228

Question

There is a primitive dirt ramp on the big pond at Lilly Pad, but I wouldn't put anything bigger than a johnboat in there unless it was a duck boat. There is also an "out of bounds" area where no boats are allowed across from the ramp, other folks prop. No boats on Cole's but 90% of the banks are grassed.

I am going to the lilly pad lake with my kayak this weekend. where is the "out of bounds" area??
Thanks.
Robert

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
As best as I can tell. If you're standing at the ramp looking across the lake, you can see a point on the left where a fence comes down towards the water. Anywhere past that is where I've always guessed it to be. It's not a very big area. Good luck.

spkoli

I am going to the lilly pad lake with my kayak this weekend. where is the "out of bounds" area??
Thanks.
Robert

There are three ponds, The top pond and two lower ponds. The bottom larger pond has a ton of signs saying no trespassing past this sign. If you float over the line, the lady living in the house over looking the pond will remind you that you did :)