1996 Suzuki Quadrunner 240 2wd

dslc6487

I am 71 years old and have had several 4 wheelers, all 4wd. I have some shoulder injuries as a result of service in Vietnam and it is now hard and it hurts to try and maneuver and turn the 4wd. I bought a used 2010 Yamaha Grizzly 550 with power steering and it is easier to turn. However, I don't like the big 4 wheelers. I like the smaller 250-300 cc units. I just bought a Suzuki Quadrunner 250 with 2wd that turns pretty easily and I think I will be able to handle it. However, it needs rear tires and I am looking for some advice on which tires to buy. I know that there are hundreds of different ones. It now has Carlisles on it, but they are pretty worn. I will be riding mostly on trails but there will be some mud occasionally and some pretty steep hills. Also, this is my first 2wd and I hope that I will find that it fits my need as I have always had a 4wd. It is 5 speed, foot shift. Any advice on tires, or other advice, will be greatly appreciated.

Katalee

I just put kenda bear claws on my bear tracker. Got them off Amazon. Local garage mounted them . Will put a less aggressive front tires on .paid $115.00 free shipping,23-10-10.

Hooty Hoot

Gone but not forgotten
I have the same machine as you. Bought it new and it just keeps on going. I hope that I never need another. It is not going to turn so well with any weight on the rear. I too need tires. Post up what you decide on. If you find a deal, post that too.

rjcruiser

If you're overly concerned about the mud and hills, you could always pop a 1500# winch on the front. That's what I did on my Recon 250. Funny thing is...now that it's on there, I've never used it. :D Peace of mind though.

dslc6487

I am definitely going to put a winch on the front. Like you say, peace of mind if nothing else. I really like the look and review of the Kenda Bear Claws. Just looking for the best price now. I already have the winch. Just have to get me a mounting bracket and hook it up. Any more suggestions will be greatly appreciated.