My 2009 Ohio 11 pt.**Got a score now**

aaronward9

Congrats again aaron! Great buck and glad the smokepole worked out for you. Be careful though cause it can get addicting!

Only advice for you...next year don't let the wind dictate your hunt cause the wind almost always howl up north and the deer don't care.

Congrats again bro...he is fine!

Thanks Jim! It's getting addictive for sure. Already thinking about unloading some rifles!

I didn't hunt the windy day because I was on a ridge and it was HOWLING up there. I wasn't worried about the deer movement, I was worried about me!

Thanks to everyone for the comments!

aaronward9

Amazing buck and great story.... Did ya get the Doe?

oh yeah! definitely got the doe. She was still on the ridge where she fell when the pictures were being taken. he got a drag to the truck, she got a ride on the 4-wheeler!

openwyde

that's a great buck and a great story thanks and congrats , i'll see you in a couple of weeks , i am fired up for ky.

aaronward9

that's a great buck and a great story thanks and congrats , i'll see you in a couple of weeks , i am fired up for ky.

i would be too! I saw PLENTY of deer along the road, both dead and alive, in Kentucky on my way home yesterday. I could pick them out fairly easily in the woods with the snow on the ground!

aaronward9

also...going to let you guys know that the taxidermist I took the deer to scored my deer for me and it rough grossed at 138 1/4 and he said it would probably net around 135 after drying and deductions. It was very symmetrical. Both main beams were 21" exactly and spread was 14 3/4".

I know he's not a HUGE deer, but he's more than I could be happy about! I am very blessed to have killed him and hope they get bigger from here!

aaronward9

great looking buck Aaron! glad to hear someone is killing some big ones!

thanks man! i also just found out that a guy from GA killed a 160+" 8 point and when he went to check it in, the lady at the check in station said that he almost had the biggest deer of the day! It's unbelievable that a 160" deer would be a county record in most counties in GA, but not even the biggest deer of the day in Ohio.. can't wait to go back next year and hopefully get another big one!

Arrow3

Nothing wrong with that buck!! Congrats again!!!

Latest posts