Bama rut reports (share yours)

geebler

15-17 Jan. Lee / Tallapoosa line... saw a couple medium 8 points and a smaller 7 just cruising looking for does. The last week is always the best for us.

j_seph

This week/weekend should be the bomb down in union springs area. Seen several smaller bucks chasing searching. Funny, seen more deer in 20 mph winds and rains then on the text book perfect morning yesterday. Had a shooter i been regreting not shooting thursday evening, had another decent buck that needs one more year to be sho nuff nice. Seen 62 deer from thursday evening till yesterday morning with most being seen thursday evening, saturday morning and evening

mose

It's on in Pike Rd, Al. One nice 9pt killed on our place and another nice 9pt on the neighbors. Reports of "shooters" chasing sunday.

Geffellz18

Just got back from my annual trip down. They hadn't gotten too excited in Escambia County. Had one chasing one morning last week. Club killed 6 bucks last week and only one showed signs of getting excited.
Did see some active scrape lines. None of the does showed any signs of being ready.

Think the next 7-10 days things are gonna heat up. I'm headed back down for a few more days from the 4th-7th. Probably gonna miss the action, but my bro & I both scored this past week regardless

skoalman04

Returned last week from Lowndes county. 5 out of 6 killed decent bucks. Only 1 was chasing, the others just crusing

mose

Got one

Not the one I've been holding out for but he was acting up and got me excited.
Kind of slow other than that.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 467

mose

Don't know about Eufala but I would be excited if I was you. Barbour has some earlier peak dates in some areas. Such a drawn out, trickle rut over there in some places you just never know. Good luck and hope to see some pics.

optimum7

I just got back from Barbour county, Alabama and the rut is going strong on my part of the woods ( near Louisville )
If you have time to hunt the next 2 days of the season, you may get rewarded for the effort. Killed a 8 point, 139 7/8" that went 210 pounds. Need to figure out how to add an image ( new to this )

j_seph

Here's the fella I let walk then 2nd guess myself on every since.

Attachments

• IMG_2956.jpg
    IMG_2956.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,185

mclellandk

He still there joe, be waitin on ya next January. Rut is wide open in union springs alabama, been runnin does since the 20th. Wish I was there now...

mose

Seems to be going well in Pike Rd the past few days. Wish I was still there

No peekin

Just got back from Eufala,and we saw no action at all from Sunday through Wednesday,but we hunted with an outfitter,so it could have been shot out.Great accommodations but very poor hunting.We saw a few does and no bucks.Only one six point seen with 10 of us hunting.3 does and 6 hogs were killed.Wind didn't help our cause either as it was blowing hard the whole trip.

optimum7

A friend of mine hunted a little northwest of Eufaula, Midway to be exact. had good action thru Wednesday the 10th. Killed a decent 8 pt.