Baits and Lures??

fatback

I am getting ready to get some traps in the ground this weekend. Last year was the first year in many years that I trapped and I had a blast and caught a few critters.

I was wondering what are some of the baits and lures that some of you more experienced trappers are using with success in south Georgia. I am really wanting to target coyotes. However, fox and bobcat catches would be nice as well.

I have some dog-proofs for the coons and possums and have a pretty good handle on that.

What have y'all been having success with on canine and cats?

Thanks

fatback

Sounds good. I've got some Hiawatha and Caven's predator bait coming. Thanks for the input. Any other suggestions would be great. Thanks.

SemperFi

Powder river, widow maker, predator bait plus, Hiawatha valley, ghII, violater 7, and yodel dog are what are in my box along with urine. Southern snares is also putting out some good lures and baits. A lot of my buddies are having good results with them. Also a Georgia based company. I'm going to try them next time I need bait or lures.

hoytslanger87

Mark June : widow maker bait, fox frenzy, wind walker

Fox hallow: GH2, voodoo

Caven: Minnesota red, Violator 7

Dobbins: Purrrfect, GL40

Others: MR1, RK preditor plus, Marsyada #601, kaatz Evanesce and anything from the lenons

Philbow

And adding a drop of castor seems to attract anything with a nose.

fatback

Thanks for all the replies. Hope to get some set after Christmas. I'll let everybody know how it turns out.

fatback

Just wanted to let the folks know who gave me ideas on bait and lure that me and a friend have had traps in the ground since Sunday and we got our first bobcat this morning. We are super pumped about this. We have also gotten a couple of possums. Still working on getting some coyotes and foxes. Thanks again for the input.

fatback

Thanks. Got a 2nd bobcat this am, out of the remake from where we caught the 1st cat yesterday. Very excited.