Ammo for less$$$

jollymon

I'm in the Newnan area ,Were can I get 9mm,45ACP,38SPL. For range use
Reloads are fine , if there Insurance is in order.
I'm willing to drive a bit for it if the price is good .

transfixer

I've only gone to a range a couple of times in my life, but aren't some ranges extremely picky about what ammo you can use on their range ? One range I went to checked our ammo and approved it, but I saw them tell another guy he couldn't use his, not sure why? I don't know if it was aluminum cased stuff or not, I know I've heard most don't allow Tula ammo to be shot in their range. I avoid shooting at a range because they won't let you pick up your own empties,

georgia_home

Try gun.deals they are like the drudge report for gun and shooting supplies, including ammo.

Delivery is easy to find free. Prices are usually good and mostly better than LGS.

Take a look, maybe it will work for you. If not, return to your other sources.

Big7

The Oracle
I've only gone to a range a couple of times in my life, but aren't some ranges extremely picky about what ammo you can use on their range ? One range I went to checked our ammo and approved it, but I saw them tell another guy he couldn't use his, not sure why? I don't know if it was aluminum cased stuff or not, I know I've heard most don't allow Tula ammo to be shot in their range. I avoid shooting at a range because they won't let you pick up your own empties,

Steel Core.

Don't work out good shooting inside.

JeffinPTC

I saw them tell another guy he couldn't use his, not sure why?

They want to sell the brass.
steel Russki doesn't reload and Berdan primers will break a decapping pin. Stick to brass cases and check imported ammo for Berdan primers and non corrosive primers and powder. Lots of the surplus ammo, Pakistani 30-06 for example, has both.
And don't buy Federal 45 ammo. Evidently, Federal thinks its a good idea to load with some small pistol primers. Everybody else from John Browning on, uses Large Pistol. Nothing like trying to force a Large primer into a small hole to get your attention at the reloading bench.

A good way to find well priced ammo is to use Ammoseek online and order from whomever you choose with the choices provided. They list by caliber, bullet weight you want or prefer and from least expensive available. I use Ammoseek, plus some other places that I know generally have low prices and I rarely ever purchase ammo from a store front any more. If you purchase bulk quantities the shipping is even covered in some cases. By purchasing at least a few to several boxes, shipping can be even less than the taxes you'd pay at a storefront.

wildcats

Have always had good luck with freedommunitions ammo. Can catch great sales and often free shipping.

transfixer

Another vote for Ga Arms, they are right down the road from me, and I've bought from them for years, I reload almost all of my own ammo, but when I run short of brass for something I'll buy from them to get my stockpile built back up.