Believers that don't go to church

Gaswamp

I will say that when I was just a believer that church attendance wasn't important to me. However, when I decided to become a follower church attendance became vital

JB0704

I Gots Goats
I will say that when I was just a believer that church attendance wasn't important to me. However, when I decided to become a follower church attendance became vital

Interesting. I find a little of the opposite. Not exactly, but, the more serious I got about finding the truth, the more frustrated I became with the local church.

rjcruiser

Interesting. I find a little of the opposite. Not exactly, but, the more serious I got about finding the truth, the more frustrated I became with the local church.

I agree with this in the fact that the more you get closer to true Biblical Christianity, the more you see how un-Biblical most churches are.

It is hard to find a church that is true to the Word of God.

LittleDrummerBoy

Churches often lament the lack of church attendance from teens and college students, often pointing the finger at parents for failing to properly train their children to show up and dutifully warm the seats.

Some things are seldom discussed:

1. In the last few years, some churches ...

Why Christian Parents are Losing Trust in the Church

JB0704

I Gots Goats
I agree with this in the fact that the more you get closer to true Biblical Christianity, the more you see how un-Biblical most churches are.

It is hard to find a church that is true to the Word of God.

Lols, when I saw that you replied I was a little worried......had some flashbacks from 6 years ago :bounce:

I know we disagree on my results, but I appreciate you pointing out common ground :cheers:

Natty Bumppo

This is very well said and expresses many of my thoughts on this subject.

rjcruiser

Lols, when I saw that you replied I was a little worried......had some flashbacks from 6 years ago :bounce:

I know we disagree on my results, but I appreciate you pointing out common ground :cheers:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Let's just say, I'm trying to be more positive. It is easy to criticize...everything has something wrong with it...especially churches/christian organizations. I'm trying to do a better job of being positive. I don't want my kids growing up to be critical of everything...and I feel that for the first 8-10 years of their lives, I've been too critical.

StriperrHunterr

I believe there is a higher power out there. I don't believe, however, that it conforms to the beliefs of most mainstream religions. In fact, I think if it is God, it would be impossible for me or anyone else to know what it thinks or wants.

I know that if I was to go looking for God, I would feel much, much more likely to meet him/her/it on top of a mountain by myself or out in the middle of the woods or on a creek bank than I would in a stuffy building full of people dressed in suits passing a collection plate around and pointing critical fingers at each others' behavior.
This was my view for a while. Jesus' ministry only required a group of fellows and a campfire, who am I to demand, or expect, better?

But then I lost all faith, so...but, hey, I still love hanging around a campfire in fellowship.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I am a bit perplexed by the term believer here. How are you defining believer? Is is someone who just has an intellectual knowledge, or is it someone who has a relationship?

There is a world of difference between the two

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I am a bit perplexed by the term believer here. How are you defining believer? Is is someone who just has an intellectual knowledge, or is it someone who has a relationship?

Someone who believes that Jesus is the Son of God and Saviour as told by the stories in the Bible and worships him as such.
Or
Anyone that believes there is a higher power such as a Deity that responsible for all of creation and does not use an organized practice of worship.

I think "someone who has a relationship" needs some defining.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
NE GA Pappy?
What do you mean by "someone who has a relationship"?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

Inquiring minds want to know....

Rich M

A scripture comes to mind, 1 Corinthians 13:11

"When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things."

Gotta be careful with the whole judging one another thing.

We are at at different levels and the only one we answer to is God.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
there are varying degrees of believe. Some people believe they will hit the lottery, so they buy a ticket.

Some folk believe that the Grump will win in a landslide, or so they say. From the odds I am seeing, there is a 72% probability that he will lose. If they are true believers, they should go out and bet every penny that they can lay their hands on that he will win. I mean, borrow all you can, hock the car, the house, the retirement, every gun that they own. Everything. They will be set for life if Trump wins.

That is true believe. When you are willing to gamble it all on the outcome. When I use the term relationship, I am talking about someone who you can be personal with them. Not just a passing knowledge or an acknowledgment of who they are or claim to be.

You have a relationship with your children, but you may know hundreds of kids on the little league team with them. You have that relationship because you sought to develope it. To get to know your child, to know their interest, their likes and dislikes, and what their wishes are. That is the kind of relationship I am speaking of here.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
there are varying degrees of believe. Some people believe they will hit the lottery, so they buy a ticket.

Some folk believe that the Grump will win in a landslide, or so they say. From the odds I am seeing, there is a 72% probability that he will lose. If they are true believers, they should go out and bet every penny that they can lay their hands on that he will win. I mean, borrow all you can, hock the car, the house, the retirement, every gun that they own. Everything. They will be set for life if Trump wins.

That is true believe. When you are willing to gamble it all on the outcome. When I use the term relationship, I am talking about someone who you can be personal with them. Not just a passing knowledge or an acknowledgment of who they are or claim to be.

You have a relationship with your children, but you may know hundreds of kids on the little league team with them. You have that relationship because you sought to develope it. To get to know your child, to know their interest, their likes and dislikes, and what their wishes are. That is the kind of relationship I am speaking of here.

So if people who really believe Trump will win bet Everything they are worth and more that they don't even have.....belief aside...where does that leave them if Trump does not win?
Belief isnt worth a nickel.
I can only guess you have bet all+ in the Jesus candidate and are willing to accept much less odds than 28% chance of winning?

I agree with your own children vs other children analogy but how does that compare to a relationship with Jesus?
Are you claiming to know what Jesus likes and dislikes?
Are you claiming you know what Jesus's wishes are?
Are you saying here that you know Jesus, a figure that you have never met, never talked to, never have even been within 1900+ years of bumping into, as well as you know and believe in your children?

If yes to any of those questions, can you please explain to us how that can be? I... and I am sure we... would love to hear details about what your conversations are like, what his voice sounds like, what he even looks like would be incredible information.