Shout out to St. Matthews Catholic Church in Winder

WaltL1

My Aunt, who was a member, passed away recently and just wanted to comment on what a great job they did for her service. The staff and volunteers were all VERY helpful. Most all the attendees were elderly (70s/80s/90s) and the staff did an outstanding job of helping those with walkers, canes, wheelchairs etc. and helping them to the pews, bathrooms...
Although a Catholic church, the Priests/Deacons were well aware that the vast majority of attendees were Baptist and even cracked a few jokes at their own expense to lighten the mood. The church really did a great job at a difficult time and it was much appreciated.

oldfella1962

My Aunt, who was a member, passed away recently and just wanted to comment on what a great job they did for her service. The staff and volunteers were all VERY helpful. Most all the attendees were elderly (70s/80s/90s) and the staff did an outstanding job of helping those with walkers, canes, wheelchairs etc. and helping them to the pews, bathrooms...
Although a Catholic church, the Priests/Deacons were well aware that the vast majority of attendees were Baptist and even cracked a few jokes at their own expense to lighten the mood. The church really did a great job at a difficult time and it was much appreciated.
Nice to hear that decent people are still the vast majority in this great nation.
My son (not a Catholic) teaches at a Catholic school and everyone on the staff threats him decently and he respects their traditions. That said he doesn't teach the religious parts of their education, just actual educational subjects.

WaltL1

Nice to hear that decent people are still the vast majority in this great nation.
My son (not a Catholic) teaches at a Catholic school and everyone on the staff threats him decently and he respects their traditions. That said he doesn't teach the religious parts of their education, just actual educational subjects.
Yeah it was a good reminder that although "religion" leaves a foul taste in my mouth, it can be comprised of some good folks.

oldfella1962

Yeah it was a good reminder that although "religion" leaves a foul taste in my mouth, it can be comprised of some good folks.
Indeed, religion (or lack of) doesn't seem to change your basic personality from my personal experience.

Big7

The Oracle
My Mama is one of them. She does just about every funeral at her church. Matter of fact, I made a Strawberry and yogurt platter for her to take to one this evening.

Catholic Churches have Protestant funerals all the time. My Dad was Protestant and his funeral was at a Catholic Church.

There is no Mass or Communion like at Catholic Funeral Masses.

Please accept my condolences.

WaltL1

My Mama is one of them. She does just about every funeral at her church. Matter of fact, I made a Strawberry and yogurt platter for her to take to one this evening.

Catholic Churches have Protestant funerals all the time. My Dad was Protestant and his funeral was at a Catholic Church.

There is no Mass or Communion like at Catholic Funeral Masses.

Please accept my condolences.
Thanks Big. And thanks to your Mama. What she is doing is important.