Introductions?

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Thems the rules.
Heres another example -
The woman I married was Baptist. The only way I could have a Catholic wedding in a church by a priest was for her to renounce being Baptist, take classes and become a Catholic.
I wouldn't let her do it. Got married at a nice resort with a nondenominational preacher or whatever they are called.
My entire side of the family (all Catholic) was devastated.
Thems the rules.

The priest told my dying friend that he would have to divorce his current wife and if they continued to live together, and it would have to be strictly plutonic. Never forget my friends reply, as I was still in shock over what the priest said, He said, “Well that’s out, what else you got?” Died 6 days later.

SemperFiDawg

Thems the rules.
Heres another example -
The woman I married was Baptist. The only way I could have a Catholic wedding in a church by a priest was for her to renounce being Baptist, take classes and become a Catholic.
I wouldn't let her do it. Got married at a nice resort with a nondenominational preacher or whatever they are called.
My entire side of the family (all Catholic) was devastated.
Thems the rules.

Good for you.

oldfella1962

The priest told my dying friend that he would have to divorce his current wife and if they continued to live together, and it would have to be strictly plutonic. Never forget my friends reply, as I was still in shock over what the priest said, He said, “Well that’s out, what else you got?” Died 6 days later.

Plutonic? How much for a one-way ticket to Pluto in case I need some "space" away from my wife for a while? :O

Actually Jackie Gleason had this idea on "The Honeymooners" when he said "one of these days Alice! Bang, zoom! Right to the moon!"

SemperFiDawg

Are you saying that before you knew who said it that you thought it was provocative but when you saw who said it it became irrelevant?

That doesn't sound right. Truth is truth no matter who says it.

No. When I first saw it I thought, now this guy is gonna add a new dimension just by the feel of the quote.

SemperFiDawg

Plutonic? How much for a one-way ticket to Pluto in case I need some "space" away from my wife for a while? :O

Actually Jackie Gleason had this idea on "The Honeymooners" when he said "one of these days Alice! Bang, zoom! Right to the moon!"

Sorry. Platonic. Obviously no spell check here.