Lake Lanier - Walleyes, Catfish, Crappies

nof2souf

Hi,

I live in Suwanee, Sugar Hill area. We just moved here a few months ago. I'm planning to go fishing at Lake Lanier - hoping to catch one of the walleyes, catfish or crappies. Wonder if anyone who fishes in Lake Lanier - could give me some tips? when is the good time of the year, baits, time of the day, etc.
I don't have a boat. So I would be fishing from the bank.

I read that best time to fish for walleyes or catfish is at night. Though I have seen youtube videos people catching them during the day.

thank you!

Worley

I’ll be happy to take ya out on Lanier in my boat, just let me know when u wanna go…I’m fishing a good bit from now till September….A PM will be best way to exchange further info. If u don’t have a boat I’d highly suggest little river ramp with minnows in just a few weeks….Easy to access bank / brush there….also wahoo creek bridge is easy walk and underneath it you might get a crappie or a passing striper….

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’ll be happy to take ya out on Lanier in my boat, just let me know when u wanna go…I’m fishing a good bit from now till September….A PM will be best way to exchange further info. If u don’t have a boat I’d highly suggest little river ramp with minnows in just a few weeks….Easy to access bank / brush there….also wahoo creek bridge is easy walk and underneath it you might get a crappie or a passing striper….
Mighty fine offer !

sasmojoe

Don Carter State Park has some nice bank fishing areas. For catching crappie pick up some minnows. Water temp is still in high 40’s in that area, so it will probably be mid March before it gets good. For walleye I would try mossy creek park. If you download the Ga. outdoors app. Pretty good weekly updates are provided .

Lewis 46

Water temp gas jumped from 50 to 59 in some of the bays above Clark’s bridge should start getting good for Crappie