Blue cats

The mtn man

took advantage of the nice day we had saturday, finally!!!

Attachments

• 20180414_131957.jpg
    20180414_131957.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 709

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Nice mess of kitties there! :cheers:

The mtn man

Thanks, we caught almost 1k pounds in two days.

Teh Wicked

What do you do with all that meat?

The mtn man

After fillets were cut out, we split them 5 ways, I took enough to do me for the year, and for a couple of fish fries, we split them between 5 guys, some of the guys use them for benefit fish fries like for the Masonic lodge, I only go about once a year, that's plenty for me, this was at Santee by the way.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

We run jugs in early spring every year and catch several hundred pounds at once. I fillet them, divide them into meal-sized portions, vacuum seal them, and eat catfish all year.

Papa Bear

Looks like you may have went out with Captain Darryl? If so he is great guy! Knows his stuff about kitty kats!

The mtn man

Looks like you may have went out with Captain Darryl? If so he is great guy! Knows his stuff about kitty kats!

Sure did, we always use him, there were times when we had our doubts about him, we tried other guides only to realize we had been using the best guide down there in my opinion. I only go 1-2 times per year, but have friends that use Darrel at least a half dozen times per year trying to catch a hundred pounder. 80 pounds is our biggest to date.

The mtn man

Do chicken livers or shrimp work at Santee?

I'm sure they would work, but the big ones perfect cut shad, or herring, some use bream.

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have never eaten a big blue, wonder if they are better than yellow cats. I love A big yellow cat.

Last edited:

The mtn man

I have never eaten a big blue, wonder if they are better than yellow cats. I love A big yellow cat.

The big yellows are better in my opinion. The blues are mighty fine though.

Stetson

Sounds like a haul. :cheers: