Would have been number two

I do believe i am going to swap to Simmons shark broad heads. Yesterday I shot a doe right about the start of the ribs in the back and i couldn't find any blood, my arrow, or the deer. I know that isn't perfect shot placement but i figured it would provide an efficient lung shot, must not have had good penetration. Do any of you ever take this shot.

dm/wolfskin

If you hit it at last rib angling foward that broadhead probably went through the ruman, liver, diaphragm and a lung. The deer is dead and you just have to look more.

If you hit it at last rib angling foward that broadhead probably went through the ruman, liver, diaphragm and a lung. The deer is dead and you just have to look more.

dm/ I looked for several hrs this morning walking the woods with my handy dandy boykin, but she couldnt even find a trail on her.

Mudfeather

When you get that far back a lot has to do with the height on the shot...when you in the short ribs you need to hit higher than lower and do need some forward angle...

now their isn't anything back there to stop an arrow much so that is odd....

I understand your frustration..believe me I do...I struggled a long time....but it isn't the broadhead...

gurn

Gone but not forgotten
Sorry that happened I Know that hurts. That far back is iffy sometimes.

jerry russell

If the shot was broadside the hit was most likely liver and the deer could live 4-6 hours. An inch or so back and it was guts and we routinely find these deer still alive up to 18-24 hours after the shot. In either of those cases the deer will normally travel under 200 yards. If you followed him up before death and bump them they can go several hundred yards before bedding again.

A trained blood dog is never a bad choice.

What i mean by the start of the ribs is where they connect to the backbone and behind the front shoulders. What i cant figure out is why I didn't have any blood. I took the shot point blank and at a slight angle the doe was maybe two yards from my tree.