Drivelers #422 Gardening and living young

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Did ya get some onions? I bought my first one this week. Best onions ever. French onion soup will be made here while they are in season. We freeze some to have in the Winter. The soup freezes well.

We did not purchase any. They were in no less than 10 lb bags. We wouldn’t eat 10 lb in 3 years.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Did ya get some onions? I bought my first one this week. Best onions ever. French onion soup will be made here while they are in season. We freeze some to have in the Winter. The soup freezes well.
You do know that you can hang them in a dark closet or basement in "hose" with a knot between them and they'll last for many months?

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
10# came in the house today. No need to store them they will be GON long before they'd go bad.

Would have gotten 25# if they had had them.

We eat onions especially Vidalia like Milkman consumes gravy.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Replanted squash, side dressed Baker special and push plowed same. Also planted a row of Cherokee pumpkins. Will rig rain birds this afternoon and give the garden a little drink. Porching up with my fellow pack member, I’m drankin well water, he ain’t.

That Baker special wouldn't happen to be Bloody Butcher would it?

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
10# came in the house today. No need to store them they will be GON long before they'd go bad.

Would have gotten 25# if they had had them.

We eat onions especially Vidalia like Milkman consumes gravy.
Same here. We eat them 3 or 4 times a week in various methods of cooking or raw. I'm sure H22 will have some sauteed with some bell pepper tonight on his Brat. I'm a sour kraut girl on my Brat.

Status
Not open for further replies.