Recommend a good garden hose

Status
Not open for further replies.

hipster dufus

Time to replace my garden hose. Lookin for a flexible easy to handle hose.hav a harbor freight hose, worst hose I hav ever owned , stiff and hard to coil. My fault for reading the ad.love the retractable ones but they don't last. Hav owned 2 that didn't make it a month..tia

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Time to replace my garden hose. Lookin for a flexible easy to handle hose.hav a harbor freight hose, worst hose I hav ever owned , stiff and hard to coil. My fault for reading the ad.love the retractable ones but they don't last. Hav owned 2 that didn't make it a month..tia
A good hose is rare now that’s a fact. Flexible and long lasting with quality connectors is very hard to find.

tr21

A good hose is rare now that’s a fact. Flexible and long lasting with quality connectors is very hard to find.
and will require you to take out a 12 month loan . the last good one I bought was a red one they had a H.D. i think it was $80 but it's rubber and coils up good.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
and will require you to take out a 12 month loan . the last good one I bought was a red one they had a H.D. i think it was $80 but it's rubber and coils up good.
Yes, you are correct. I can imagine a good hose could be put together with American made red rubber hose like they used to sell at auto parts stores. The kind you put on car heaters in the ancient past. Heavy duty brass fittings are available but they are very proud of them too. To make up a hose like I’m thinking of would be two or three hundred for a one hundred foot hose. It would take two men and a boy to pull it across the yard too, heavy would best describe it. It would last though for many years.

Continental black rubber ones are good also. I would stay away from the red ones. I had one those it was a total piece of junk. And it was continental also. It didnt make it 2 years

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Yes, I have 4 of those 100 footers and they are as close to bullet proof as I have found. The hose reels HD sells are absolute trash.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
A good hose is money well spent. Don't cheap-out.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I have super high pressure for my outdoor spigot(it’s before the regulator) and have been blowing hoses since We bought the house. I finally bought a Craftsman at a sears outlet And the man told me to bring a piece of it in if it fails……they’d replace it. That was easily 15-20 years ago and it never felt stiff and just now starting to leak around the end. If you can find one, I highly recommend it.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Who sells them and/or their other products? The web site said something about no honoring warranty of those sold on amazon.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
@NE GA Pappy Made me a hose for work that's still kicking. It's heavy duty, I use it for hot water. He would have to chime in to say how they or others he has would do outside

Redbow

Last water hose we needed here the Wife bought it at Lowe's, a no kink model so the info that came with the hose said. First time I used it after putting it on the hose reel it kinked. Most water hoses now are complete junk unless you pay lots of greenbacks for them.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Last water hose we needed here the Wife bought it at Lowe's, a no kink model so the info that came with the hose said. First time I used it after putting it on the hose reel it kinked. Most water hoses now are complete junk unless you pay lots of greenbacks for them.
True dat

LTZ25

I can not remember the brand but the very bright green ones that are super flexible when off , they aint cheap but hard to beat .

Status
Not open for further replies.