Recommend a good garden hose

Status
Not open for further replies.

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
I can not remember the brand but the very bright green ones that are super flexible when off , they aint cheap but hard to beat .
That’s the flexzilla hose. Those things are top notch. They make a fine air hose too

Jester896

Senior Clown
I got some Swain Soft & Supple at Lowe's 15 or more years ago. I have repaired the ends on a couple of them over the years and it wouldn't hurt to replace the 100'ers now. They weren't cheap then....can't imagine what they would be today.

oldfella1962

Time to replace my garden hose. Lookin for a flexible easy to handle hose.hav a harbor freight hose, worst hose I hav ever owned , stiff and hard to coil. My fault for reading the ad.love the retractable ones but they don't last. Hav owned 2 that didn't make it a month..tia
I had to get a new (longer) hose about a year ago and it was from Home Depot. The STIFFEST hose I have ever seen in my life.

Shadow11

I won't buy another one of these. I got it at tractor supply last yr, and I think it was around 80 bucks. I've never paid that much for a hose, but I was sold on the "kink resistant" and "10 year warranty" advertisement.

This thing kinks with the slightest contact with a tree, pole, or something when in use.

If you keep it in a straight line it's good. It's light weight and stores easily, but I wanted something that doesn't kink up so easily when weaving through the garden.

No good

Screenshot_2024-02-13-17-50-34.png

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I have three Good Year black hoses. They are heavy and a pain to drag but they are also durable, and fittings hold up well.

DannyW

I have three Good Year black hoses. They are heavy and a pain to drag but they are also durable, and fittings hold up well.
This^^^

I bought one when I moved into my current home 18 years ago. I store it off the ground on a loop holder and it looks like it will last another 18 years.

My wallet puckered a bit when I paid for it, but it was worth every dollar.

LTZ25

I won't buy another one of these. I got it at tractor supply last yr, and I think it was around 80 bucks. I've never paid that much for a hose, but I was sold on the "kink resistant" and "10 year warranty" advertisement.

This thing kinks with the slightest contact with a tree, pole, or something when in use.

If you keep it in a straight line it's good. It's light weight and stores easily, but I wanted something that doesn't kink up so easily when weaving through the garden.

No good

View attachment 1288485
That's funny because its the one I like , hahahaha

Artfuldodger

The trouble I have is finding a hose that doesn't swell in the all day heat of the sun. Even with the water off, they swell. I guess if I left the nozzle opened but hard to get the whole family to do that.
Might buy a 5/8" hose and it will be 1" by August, lol.

I saw a review on one I didn't buy and the expert said not to leave it in the heat nor the light of the sun. Customer said he reckons he bought an inside water hose.

I do understand the temperature/pressure relation in that as temperature rises so does pressure. That being said, I've only ever had this problem and it was with a red hose from Lowe's. But my daughter has red hoses from Amazon that are like 5 years old. Her hoses are in all day sun and they are still the original size.

ddavis1120

Bought a swan contractor farm hose in the summer of 22 and had problems from the get go. Has permanent kinks in it that I always have to wrassle with. So more $ doesn’t always mean better.

hipster dufus

Got a flexzilla 5/8 x 50 w swivel ends on way. Will report when I get some time w it.

hipster dufus

Hooked up and used the flexzilla hose today. Lightweight, rolls up easy. Got the one with the swivel ends. We shall see if it holds up.

Status
Not open for further replies.