Anyone know if Grand Bay is open for scouting?

Mcrar

The state side is open but you have to walk from the gate . and the fed side opens on the weekend when small game season starts . but it is closed sometime bc of moody useing it . i live close by if you wont i could let you know whens its open

DavidinFL

Grand Bay WMA

We will be hunting Grand Bay for the first time. Could someone give me a description of what it is like? i.e., terrain, land, vegetation, camping area, and anything else you can think of. Thanks!

Wanderlust

Out of the 8000 acres, I'd say only a third of that is not under water. If the federal side is closed and it often is you can cut the huntable land in half. Mostly pines and gallberries but there are a few scattered oaks. One thing to keep in mind is you cannot field dress or clean a deer or hog on the WMA.

HCA59

Just read online that the federal side will not be open this season at all. State side is going to be more crowded than usual.

sghoghunter

I use to love hunting that place cause very many people didn't hunt it. Along in the time I got some land and quit hunting it as much more and more started hunting till it got very crowded at times. Also have drove an hr down there to camp the weekend and it wind up closed or the key holder forgot to unlock the gate before he went home