Silverado Light

krizia829

2018 Silverado 1500

Rear driver side running light (the bottom one) does not work while lights are "on". The top and reverse lights work.

However, when I brake or use my turn signal, it works fine.

Anyone know what the issue may be? Passenger side works perfect.

Thanks!

Lilly001

I think GSPEED is on the right trail.
Check fuses and ground.
I, usually once a year, spray down the engine compartment fuse block with WD40.
It helps keep the corrosion of the contacts down.
I had a solinoid, one of the non replaceable hidden ones, stick. Instead of replacing the whole fuse block I sprayed it down with WD40.
Problem solved.

transfixer

2018 Silverado 1500

Rear driver side running light (the bottom one) does not work while lights are "on". The top and reverse lights work.

However, when I brake or use my turn signal, it works fine.

Anyone know what the issue may be? Passenger side works perfect.

Thanks!

More than likely it is a dual filament bulb, one side for turn signal/brake light, the other side for running/marker light, that filament is probably burnt out, you likely just need a new bulb

krizia829

I will try the new bulb first. Thank you!! I thought the wiring harness may have had to be changed. That's a pain getting in there!

pjciii

I will try the new bulb first. Thank you!! I thought the wiring harness may have had to be changed. That's a pain getting in there!
I just replace all of them all if I go into the tail light to replace 1. To me it is easier. 2004 Chevy Silverado z71 5.3l. When was the last time you replaced the housing? I get most of my parts from 1A auto online. If you call they are extremely helpful. I also swear by Dialectic grease

krizia829

I just replace all of them all if I go into the tail light to replace 1. To me it is easier. 2004 Chevy Silverado z71 5.3l. When was the last time you replaced the housing? I get most of my parts from 1A auto online. If you call they are extremely helpful. I also swear by Dialectic grease
Never replaced anything on the truck other than the usual stuff like battery, filters, etc. Thankfully it's always ran very well.

pjciii

Never replaced anything on the truck other than the usual stuff like battery, filters, etc. Thankfully it's always ran very well.
Lucky man. Me if I started in the back running the harness it would be up by the fuse box. If I started in the front then it would be the last thing in the rear.