Silverado "Theft Attempted" Notification

krizia829

Walked to my truck this morning, clicked the unlock button on the remote. Truck beeped 3 times. I turn the key to start the truck (started fine) and got this notification immediately.

No signs of anyone trying to break in. I did notice my rear passenger door was not fully closed, but it was locked. My husband had opened it to look for something and likely didn't notice he left it like that.

Anyone ever had this pop up suddenly? I live in a very well lighted neighborhood, houses everywhere. Never had a problem there other than our outgoing mail getting stolen one night.

Is there anything in particular that can trigger this type of warning other than the obvious?
I cleared the message and it has not come back and truck ran fine as usual.

Trying to avoid taking it to the stealership.

It's a 2018 Silverado 1500 LT.

Thanks!!IMG_0156.jpeg

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
This from a GM forum…

They are intercepting key fobs and simply opening the doors now. The Intercepted fob signal will open the door but it trips up the alarm system.

From what I've seen GM cars will let them in and not even sound the alarm it just keeps the ignition locked out.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Ive seen it do that when you lock the doors and one of the doors is not fully closed

earlthegoat2

Hmm sounds like more tomfoolery from virtually every make and model vehicle from the last 15 or so years.