Georgia vs Carolina

grunt0331

I have to disagree, this one was on the refs, every time we have that ref and I'm assuming same crew I only remember the guy that does the talking there's more penalties against us than who ever we are playing. The sc Oline was blatantly holding 90% of the game taking the pass rush away which helped to make the secondary look a lil worse than they really are. Even uga hating Danielson said so.

He must ref all UGA games.

What we know:

1. Hutson Mason is a good quarterback but he is no David Greene, Aaron Murray or Eric Zeier.

2. TGIII is going to get his numbers but basically he was contained. O line problems.

3. To many excellent kick off returns by SC for great field position. Special teams problems.

4. Our kicking game is weak. 2 missed FG's made the difference.

5. Changing DC's has made no impact.

6. The 'Ole Ball Coach has our number. It just took him longer to get his mojo back at SC.

The one bright spot - our O backs. TGIII overshadows them but they are all starters anywhere else.

You can boo hoo the refs, Bobo and everything else you want to. Champions find ways to win games, especially the ones that matter most. We aren't championship caliber.

Congrats on the win SC. You did it fair and square and beat us at the line of scrimmage the old fashioned way.

Our schedule doesn't help us. The cream puff teams we are going to play are not going to help us sharpen up for UT, Auburn and the Gators.

Have to agree with you on these issues. Tip of my hat to SC. Good game and good play calling.

UGA is and has been one of the most heavily penalized teams in College football for many, many years.
Richt has even stated that he is not concerned about the number of penalties ..."it's just players playing hard" (paraphrase)
don't believe me? go check your stats.
I've never understood this mentality. :crazy:

You are exactly right Neal

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I wouldn't discredit the Pruitt hiring yet. He doesn't have much to work with yet. IIRC, most all of UGA's stud defenders from the last couple years play on Sunday now. It will take a while for the kids to learn Pruitt's system. If they can get the D straightened out, the puppies will be a force in the SEC. The young kids just bought into the hype too soon.

It's not Pruitt that is the problem. It's the talent we put on the field. I expect the D will improve this year but it's a long way from "Next Level". I see more disappointments this season. UT, Big Mo, Auburn and the Gators will be fist fights to the death. Then there are the Razorbacks. I see us losing 2 or 3 of those. As always GT will be the wild card.

If Mason can show any kind of accuracy, he will pick apart my Gators secondary. Just keep it away from Hargreaves.

You are far too generous. The game will be a "must" for both teams. I expect your Gators to be up for it. I have my doubts about us. The SC game is a good indicator of how we perform under pressure.

As for Mason not being a Greene, Murray or Zeier (going a ways back ain't ya?), with that stable of backs, he doesn't need to be.

Not really. Throw in Matt Stafford for good measure. The Dawgs have produced some top quality QB's over the last 15 years. Maybe not NFL quality for some but they were all tip top at the college level. Mason's problem is his lack of playing time. As a 5th year senior it's kind of late for the OJT to work it's magic. The two fumbled snaps and intentional grounding at the moment of truth highlight the problem. A general officer commanding he is not.

I have doubts as to his arm. If he had one it would open up the offense and make TGIII and the other backs a lot more effective. Since he is a question mark in the passing category every team that plays us this year knows it's going to be TGIII with the rock over and over. That makes defending against us a lot easier.

We have started this season just like the last few. We lost an important game early. No BCS game for us this year. I suspect we go 9-3 or 8-4. Just another "respectable season" as per usual.

What that means is I can now focus on deer season 100%. I can hit the woods at 3:00 pm with no worries and just get the box score and stats when I come out at dark. It's all good. I'm used to this now. Shouldn't be but I am.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
It's not Pruitt that is the problem. It's the talent we put on the field. I expect the D will improve this year but it's a long way from "Next Level". I see more disappointments this season. UT, Big Mo, Auburn and the Gators will be fist fights to the death. Then there are the Razorbacks. I see us losing 2 or 3 of those. As always GT will be the wild card.

You are far too generous. The game will be a "must" for both teams. I expect your Gators to be up for it. I have my doubts about us. The SC game is a good indicator of how we perform under pressure.

Not really. Throw in Matt Stafford for good measure. The Dawgs have produced some top quality QB's over the last 15 years. Maybe not NFL quality for some but they were all tip top at the college level. Mason's problem is his lack of playing time. As a 5th year senior it's kind of late for the OJT to work it's magic. The two fumbled snaps and intentional grounding at the moment of truth highlight the problem. A general officer commanding he is not.

I have doubts as to his arm. If he had one it would open up the offense and make TGIII and the other backs a lot more effective. Since he is a question mark in the passing category every team that plays us this year knows it's going to be TGIII with the rock over and over. That makes defending against us a lot easier.

We have started this season just like the last few. We lost an important game early. No BCS game for us this year. I suspect we go 9-3 or 8-4. Just another "respectable season" as per usual.

What that means is I can now focus on deer season 100%. I can hit the woods at 3:00 pm with no worries and just get the box score and stats when I come out at dark. It's all good. I'm used to this now. Shouldn't be but I am.

Mason just needs more zip on his passes. His throws are too soft, like he is throwing passes to a young child. Those type of passes can lead to a defender easily jumping in front for the pick or to be batted down. A few passes last night could've easily been intercepted. You don't lob a ball into tight coverage, you shoot it in there. Murray and Stafford would try and throw it through your chest. I was actually hoping to see one of our backups get in the game for a few snaps last night.

I have faith in Mason, but he certainly has room for improvement.

Yes, once again we have high hopes coming into a season, and once again we stump our toes along the way. I know there is plenty of season left to be played and I certainly haven't given up, but man, are we EVER going to get over the hill!? This got old years ago!

Hopefully we can take care of business the rest of the way...

GO DAWGS! :cool:

Catdaddy SC

I see more disappointments this season. UT, Big Mo, Auburn and the Gators will be fist fights to the death. Then there are the Razorbacks. I see us losing 2 or 3 of those. As always GT will be the wild card.

I see losses to Arkansas, Auburn, and maybe Missouri.

Arkansas has the biggest offensive line in all of football(pro included). They ran for 438 yds yesterday with 2 backs. They are going to run it down your throat.

Catdaddy SC

Gurley, a junior, won't return to Williams-Brice Stadium again and that's just fine with the Tarboro, N.C., native.
"This place is unbelievable," Gurley said. "This place has one of the most crazy environments I've ever been in. Once you give the fans something to get excited about, it's hard to shut them up. I hope I never hear that (Sandstorm) again."

rex upshaw

UGA is and has been one of the most heavily penalized teams in College football for many, many years.
Richt has even stated that he is not concerned about the number of penalties ..."it's just players playing hard" (paraphrase)
don't believe me? go check your stats.
I've never understood this mentality. :crazy:

I don't get it either, but the most penalized NFL team last year was the Seahawks.

SpotandStalk

This ^^

If your team is going to lose its best to go ahead and get it out of the way so you can focus your attention on more important things. :cool:

FootLongDawg

Blair Walsh is one of the top, if not the top, kicker i the NFL right now.

I don't care what he does in the NFL. He was so unreliable his last year at UGA we would go for it on 4th down or punt rather than use him. Go back and look at the bowl game against Michigan State. He cost us several games that year. He started out great, but his head was so messed up by time he left. Know your Bulldog history.

gin house

Gurley, a junior, won't return to Williams-Brice Stadium again and that's just fine with the Tarboro, N.C., native.
"This place is unbelievable," Gurley said. "This place has one of the most crazy environments I've ever been in. Once you give the fans something to get excited about, it's hard to shut them up. I hope I never hear that (Sandstorm) again."

I'm glad we won't have to see him again. Dude is a beast.

I see losses to Arkansas, Auburn, and maybe Missouri.

Arkansas has the biggest offensive line in all of football(pro included). They ran for 438 yds yesterday with 2 backs. They are going to run it down your throat.

I see UT coming to Athens and hanging a L on em. Hope not,but they like to sling it around.