Berrien county Alapaha river

creekhunter

weekend

My son shot a nice buck yesterday morning. Found a few drops of blood and a small piece of bone, but we searched for hours and never found him. I guess we will watch for buzzards. Dang it!

He shot a 7 point a few minutes ago. Dang it!

I've watched about 7 deer this morning, including a small 6 that chased a yearling doe. A few minutes later, I saw him chasing her mom, then the yearling started chasing the buck! Never seen that before...

Four

Hmm sounds like things are starting to get hot. I'll be heading up Tuesday after work.

Also looks like towards the end of next week it'll get a little cooler, hopefully that'll get'm running.

:cheers:

DAWGsfan2

Hunted all day saturday and most of today. Counted zero deer and not alot of shots to speak of. Really need temps to drop imo to get'em going. Idk?good luck to all. Hope you berrien guys dont mind me posting here. I hunt next door in lanier cty.

SuperBuckUSA

Nothing, Zero, Nada

Hunted all day Saturday, Sunday and Monday counted zero deer and not many shots around me eider. We need the temperature to drop to the low 30’s

DAWGsfan2

Hunted all day Saturday, Sunday and Monday counted zero deer and not many shots around me eider. We need the temperature to drop to the low 30’s

this was my thoughts as well! doesn't look like this weekend will be much better.im gonna head back up Friday afternoon just so I can say I did.oh well see what happens.good luck to all.

creekhunter

Hunt

My son killed a nice 8 Sunday morning. I'm in the stand now. Saw 5-does right at day break. No bucks as of yet.:(

sghoghunter

I sure hope this weekend is the one I've been waiting for cause it ain't happened yet. Gonna be a cold one if it keeps on like it is now

Four

Hunted 11/11-today, I only saw 3 deer, two doe while sitting, and a doe walking the roads at ~11am. If anything it looks like they're starting to be active during the late morning and early afternoon. Hopefully a sign of good things to come! Dad (whitetailer) saw plenty more than I in the stand, but only one deer with bone over the same time-span.

Left today after an early morning hunt that was cut early by bad weather, we packed up in the rain and the forecast says low 20's in the morning for the next few days... GOODLUCK!

I'm back in Florida and likely wont be back up until early January..

DAWGsfan2

I hunted all day Saturday and most of the day sunday the 15th and 16th.nice cold morning Saturday had a buck in sight missing half his head gear,but never gave me a clean shot.been a tuff season so far! headed back up Friday 21st.good luck to all

Whitetailer

Well, I been home several days and hoped to hear some good reports?? But, Nnooooo!

I arrived at the Alapaha River property on Sunday Nov 9th. and the son got there late Tuesday the 11th. We hunted all week and left as the storms approached on Monday the 17th.

No deer sighted in the river bottoms at all. There was a fresh scrape on one river bottom site. Began to concentrate on the pines and cleared areas. That is where the hardwood sloughs were clearcut last season and range in width from 100 feet to big pastures a couple of hundred yards wide. The Dog Fennels and brown grass are so tall in most open areas that it makes for tough "looking". I do not like to do much walking when hunting so as to not 'stink up" the place, but did find four fresh rubs in a thicket next to a Pine head. Well, long story short I saw 20 deer for the week and only one small spindly fork horn. I did have a deer in the early darkness slowly walk by and then 15 minutes later walk with head down through tall brown grass and into some pines. The Son saw only three deer one of which was on the road on the ride back to camp. Thankfully I got that avatar buck earlier!!!
Next rut = Dec. 10th.- 15th.

Whitetailer.

Rackbuster

It is on where I hunt in Berrien county just northeast of Enigma. I had 3 bucks, nice 8 or 10,6 point, and a 4 point chase a doe by me this morning at 6:56 but couldn't get shot on the big one. At 9:40 my nephew and his son had 2 does run out followed by a big buck,didn't have time to count points and then a 7 point came out and his son was able to get his 1st deer, the 7 point.I would still be there but have to go to early Thanksgiving lunch today. Hopefully can get back this afternoon or first thing in the morning if rain holds off.

spearjunky

I was up from the 11 to 17 Nada just spikes and 4 pt and does feeding unmolested I hope it starts for me I will be here till I get bored or kill something I'm off enigma highway by the chicken barns by Ronald Grinner rd

Whitetailer

Just heard from a guy who was on the property for three days. He took a Doe in the morning and shot a Coyote in the afternoon. I saw a Coyote when I was hunting last week also and heard them "squallering" in the early morning darkness, but also mid morning while on stand.

I have always heard them, but we never see one hunting. There have been a few seen this season. Perhaps there are growing??

Whitetailer

Whitetailer

Yooooo!!

Has anybody been hunting? I am going up for a few days this week. Hey Billy you gonna be there Thursday?

Whitetailer.

sghoghunter

I hunted a couple times and saw one ole screwed up rack buck. They having to use boats to get around my place after the rain