New to Bowfishing

rojokiko

Hey there. I'm brand new to bowfishing. I don't have any friends or know anyone around that bowfishes, and the internet either neglects to answer my questions or gives me to many different answers. Can you guys help me answer these?

Best spots to peacefully shoot in North GA?

What can you do with catches? Carp? Gar? Seems senseless to just toss them on the bank...

At what point in the winter should I just ..stop going fishing? and when should I start back up again?

I'm also looking for a cheap jon bot setup..Ive spent a lot starting this up, so trying to keep it udner $200. Looking for one that sits high. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks in advance

E

Last edited:

UpSouth811

Only reason I don't shoot all winter is I duck hunt but I start in feb and shoot til November. Your going to have better results getting a boat and going at night around these parts

joey1919

Hey there. I'm brand new to bowfishing. I don't have any friends or know anyone around my bowfishes, and the internet either neglects to answer my questions or give me to many different answers. Can you guys help me answer these?

Best spots to peacefully shoot in North GA?

What can you do with catches? Carp? Gar? Seems senseless to just toss them on the bank...

At what point in the winter should I just ..stop going fishing? and when should I start back up again?

I'm also looking for a cheap jon bot setup..Ive spent a lot starting this up, so trying to keep it udner $200. Looking for one that sits high. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks in advance

E

DO NOT THROW YOUR FISH ON THE BANK OR AT THE BOAT RAMP.....sorry for yelling, but there is no greater threat to this sport than improper fish disposal. (that and fishing highly populated areas at night)

now, as far as proper fish disposal, there are tons of options.

-they make great fertilizer for your garden or food plots
-find someone who wants them to eat (do a search on here for "eating gar" you might want them yourself.
-know any turtle farmers?
-know any pig farmers?
-post an ad on craigslist for free carp, some Asian people eat them.

as far as a cheap boat/set up. a small generator and 3 or 4 of those $10 halogen work lights from lowes will do the job just fine. run 300w bulbs and an 1800w gen will handle them.

j_seph

Little more than $200, trying to get rid of this now

Attachments

• PART_1405378987582_PART_1405378986410_.IMG_20140714_190251.jpg
    PART_1405378987582_PART_1405378986410_.IMG_20140714_190251.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 405
  • PART_1405379108645_PART_1405379107612_.IMG_20140714_190444.jpg
    PART_1405379108645_PART_1405379107612_.IMG_20140714_190444.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 410

rojokiko

No need to apologize. I haven't done it yet and didn't think it was a good idea. Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably post here again looking for advice. Jseph...pm'ed

joey1919

No need to apologize. I haven't done it yet and didn't think it was a good idea. Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably post here again looking for advice. Jseph...pm'ed

just kidding anyway, I wasn't yelling at you, just wanted that line to stick out. I don't really fish your area, mostly south and west of you but I'm sure there are some guys who can give you some good reccomendtions for your area. have fun and be safe.