anyone know the breed black mouth cur

karen936

Head Researcher, McDurdellson Enterprises, Inc.
We rescued a dog from local rescue and thought it was part german sheppard, but someone saw him and said they think he is a black nose cur. I have looked at pic's and he sure does have a lot of the features, anyone here an owner or expert. He's about 6 months

Attachments

• gus 2.jpg
    gus 2.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 471
Last edited:

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Would they mean Black Mouth Cur? That one might have some BMC in him, but looks like he's of mixed ancestry.

karen936

yes black mouth cur, thanks

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
Yep like said above probably does have some cur in him, but not full blood.

karen936

he's a puppy about 5 to 6 months old

Anvil Head

Rescue dogs seem to make the best companions. They don't want to go back. Won't matter to him what the papers say anyway. He's a great looking pup and will most likely train-up however you want. Dogs is Dogs.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Rescue dogs seem to make the best companions. They don't want to go back. Won't matter to him what the papers say anyway. He's a great looking pup and will most likely train-up however you want. Dogs is Dogs.

the best all around dog I had as a kid was a Heinz 57. We named him Brownie. The only problem we ever had with that dog was he liked chicken. Fresh barnyard chicken. Once dad broke him from that, we had no more issues with him.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Nice looking pup who appears to be very happy to be where he is and with whoever is taking the picture.

T-N-T

Congrats on getting a dog that needed a home and not waiting for a breeder to produce another dog.
Nice pup.

karen936

thanks was just curious and some dog training
can be different for each breed. He is probably our 13th or so rescue over the years, I'm working with him on pack leader and
no chewing and listening, basic stuff. No hunting just a family member.

karen936

thanks Boss he all puppy right now

Lilly001

Was'nt Ol' Yeller a black mouthed cur?

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
The dog in the book was, the dog in the movie wasn't.

Anvil Head

I had a big peacock that was excellent at breaking "chicken lovers" from feather addiction. He could straighten them out and often left scars.

crackerdave

The Ladner family has some fine BlackMouthCurs.
They are often used on hogs,but some are good tree dogs,too.Great family all round dogs.