Jerk pork

ambush80

I made some jerk pork to take camping this weekend. I marinated the flayed out butt in some diluted Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning over night and smoked it with pecan. I had a few country style ribs for snacks.

Attachments

• jerk.jpg
    jerk.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 276

naildrvr

Looks like top notch camp food to me. I would have a problem with it. Till it runs out.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
That looks sho-nuff fine, Ambush. Explain "flayed" to me. I need to try it.

ambush80

That looks sho-nuff fine, Ambush. Explain "flayed" to me. I need to try it.

I took a whole butt and cut it so that it was all about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch thick, kinda "rolled it out". Then I cross hatched both sides and rubbed the jerk seasoning in all the crannies. I rolled it back up and put it in the fridge over night. Then I smoked it for 6 hrs and cut it all up into big cubes.

Last edited:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I took a whole butt and cut it so that it was all about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch thick, kinda r"rolled it out". Then I cross hatched both sides and rubbed the jerk seasoning in all the crannies. I rolled it back up and put it in the fridge over night. Then I smoked it for 6 hrs and cut it all up into big cubes.

Man, that does sound good. I`m gonna have to try that now.

Thanks! :cheers:

Red dirt clod

Man I bet that is good

I haven't seen Walkerswood around, you must order on-line? Used to buy their sauce by the case.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
That had to be great!!!! :clap:

ambush80

Thanks for the compliments. It was well enjoyed. I cooked it until fork tender but not pulling apart. That's how I've had jerk pork at restaurants. I see Walkerswood in just about any Kroger here in Atlanta.

I would recommend going easy on the Walkerswood. It's powerful. I diluted it with water until it was a runny paste and it gave plenty of flavor and heat.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks great! I love me some jerk pork.

Big7

The Oracle
Looks goot' :cheers:

Might be a lil' to warm for me but
the progression and color is 5 star!