No shots yet....

longbowdave1

but Mike is having a great time hunting with a trad bow again! He sent me this picture while we were hunting yesterday.

Attachments

• Mike's Trad Hunt.jpg
    Mike's Trad Hunt.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 479

longbowdave1

Jacket? Must be nice

The jacket was part of the fight against mosquitoes. We recently had a good deal of rain, and we had the worst skeeter hatch in the seven years that I have hunted that property. It was warm and muggy but even the thermocells weren't enough.

In the morning darkness, I opened the tailgate to the Jeep to suit up, and grab my bow. Instantly, we had 500 or more skeeters swarming the dome light and trapped in the Jeep until returning from the morning hunt.

Nothing very interesting on the cameras, but here are a few pictures....

Attachments

• cuddeback pics 9 17 003.jpg
    cuddeback pics 9 17 003.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 393
  • cuddeback pics 9 17 005.jpg
    cuddeback pics 9 17 005.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 388
  • cuddeback pics 9 17 006.jpg
    cuddeback pics 9 17 006.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 405
  • wildgame 9 17 pics 007.jpg
    wildgame 9 17 pics 007.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 422
  • wildgame 9 17 pics 011.jpg
    wildgame 9 17 pics 011.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 419

longbowdave1

few more pics....

Attachments

• cuddebac pics 9 22 16 003.jpg
    cuddebac pics 9 22 16 003.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 387
  • widgame2 pics 9 22 16 002.jpg
    widgame2 pics 9 22 16 002.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 403

sawtooth

Nice. Mosquitoes can definitely be a drag, but they'll be dead soon. THat makes me feel a little better. Stay with it!!

oldfella1962

Is that a Zwicky 125 grain broad head in the first pick?

longbowdave1

Nice. Mosquitoes can definitely be a drag, but they'll be dead soon. THat makes me feel a little better. Stay with it!!

Will do Dendy, I hope the skeeter numbers are down this weekend. Had a few nights in the 50's, a high of 60 tomorrow, with a slight chance of rain.

oldfella1962

Good eye! Yes sir, those are Eskimo's with a glue-on adapter sitting in full length GT3555 arrows, 3 fletch.

Yes I have Zwicky Eskimo myself. Classic design - tough & easy to sharpen. I use a file, then strop with a leather glove (my shooting glove actually) and then a final strop on regular everyday cotton blue jeans. Amazing what a few seconds of stropping does - I think I learned that here on the forum BTW. I only shoot a 40# recurve but I have full confidence in what those Eskimos will do.

longbowdave1

Yes I have Zwicky Eskimo myself. Classic design - tough & easy to sharpen. I use a file, then strop with a leather glove (my shooting glove actually) and then a final strop on regular everyday cotton blue jeans. Amazing what a few seconds of stropping does - I think I learned that here on the forum BTW. I only shoot a 40# recurve but I have full confidence in what those Eskimos will do.

X2 on the Eskimos. A simple head that does the job.

Mike has No classes at college today, and the the day off from the fire department as well. So, he grabbed the longbow, and headed to the hunting spot on a solo mission for an afternoon hunt. It makes me proud to see him go off on his own now, and hunt with the Trad stuff. He's got a fall turkey tag, two doe tags, and a buck tag in his pocket.

A great day weather wise for him, 32 mosquito killing degrees this morning, a high of 55, sunshine, with little to no wind. Man, I wish I was out there with him today instead at work...... The fall colors are really starting to come through up here, my favorite time of year.

Got a few texts at 2:35 pm, "3 huge Toms came through"...... " probably the biggest turkeys I've ever seen"....."he needed to step out another 2 feet and I could of shot him".....

Almost some more turkey feathers headed to Georgia.

I'm hoping a deer strolls by him before dark, sounds like he's having a great time kickin' back in the stand.

I'll be keeping an eye out for more texts before the sun go down..................