For next deer season......who’s

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
In the woods right now getting ready??? We’ve already reworked stands that needed attention. Getting the trail cams in, cleaned up and back out. Gearing up to clean up and get ready for plowing summer plots. Bush hogged last week. It’s only 6 months to bow season!!! I’m ready for my turkey too!!

shdw633

In the woods right now getting ready??? We’ve already reworked stands that needed attention. Getting the trail cams in, cleaned up and back out. Gearing up to clean up and get ready for plowing summer plots. Bush hogged last week. It’s only 6 months to bow season!!! I’m ready for my turkey too!!

Went two weeks ago to address stands, search new areas and get the tractor and implements ready for a couple of weeks from now when were planning on starting the food plots. Only down time we ever take the the month right after season is over but the "next" season starts for us around the middle of February.

ProAngler

That’s one of the best things about food plotting to me. It’s another way to stay involved with deer hunting even when you can’t kill em. Makes the off season a little more bare able.

PappyHoel

I will be busy moving 5 deer stands out of my old club with no where to put them.

SlowMotion

I'll be out in the next week or two clearing a trail to a prime stand location. Currently the property has a bunch of deadfall trees and underbrush.

Hunter922

Been working for the last three weekends creating a creek crossing on my Cobb property. I have never done this before but have always had luck clearing property and watching deer use the path of least resistance. Our banks are 8-12 foot high with almost no access from the creek below. The deer travel up and down the other side and eventually cross but it is a ways up or down the creek. It looks great now and the deer are using it already. I will post pictures soon. Note to self lose the mattock somewhere I am tired of swinging it.

swamp hunter

I'm fishing..
Got a 4 day Bass trip to the Everglades this weekend. Canoes and rubber worms. We fish a canal system that only sees humans very rarely and we slay them. Plus their Spawning right now , Sows are fat.
Did most of our stuff a week after Season ended.
Chain saws and Trails , Log Hides in the Bottoms.
We like working the Land..but it's fishing time now.
Of course we don't do Plots / Feeders or permanent Stands.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
That’s one of the best things about food plotting to me. It’s another way to stay involved with deer hunting even when you can’t kill em. Makes the off season a little more bare able.

That’s why I look forward to it. Gives me a reason to stay out there instead of just waiting on opening day. Hunting is my passion. Two of our target bucks made it all season. Now all they have to do is stay away from the roads!!! So I will be interested in getting them on camera over the summer.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I'm fishing..
Got a 4 day Bass trip to the Everglades this weekend. Canoes and rubber worms. We fish a canal system that only sees humans very rarely and we slay them. Plus their Spawning right now , Sows are fat.
Did most of our stuff a week after Season ended.
Chain saws and Trails , Log Hides in the Bottoms.
We like working the Land..but it's fishing time now.
Of course we don't do Plots / Feeders or permanent Stands.

That sounds fun! I’ve got my crappie trip lined up too!

BowanaLee

About got everything ready. I put in 6 new mineral blocks on different properties. Pulled all my trail cams except the ones at salt blocks and a few to catch trespassers. Took in chain saw and cut trees I selected while hunting.
Just got a few more things to finish. It'll be like I never disturbed the areas in a few weeks. Even made a gravity corn feeder in case baiting passes. I'm letting it weather a little before setting it out. Nows the time for scouting.
Still gettn pics of some gooduns too. :hair:

BowanaLee

About got everything ready. I put in 6 new mineral blocks on different properties. Pulled all my trail cams except the ones at salt blocks and a few to catch trespassers. Took in chain saw and cut trees I selected while hunting. Cut trails through thickets like spokes on a wheel for deer. They use the path of least resistance and come right to me. Some I cut in early February are wore out in tracks. Just got a few more things to finish. It'll be like I never disturbed the areas in a few weeks. Even made a gravity corn feeder in case baiting passes. I'm letting it weather a little before setting it out.
Still gettn pics of some gooduns too. :hair:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I'm constantly getting ready and if I'm not I should be. There's lots to do during the off season.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Almost turkey season. I'll figure out next season while Mr Spur is henned up.

BRADL

We planted some spring/summer food plots this past Saturday. Also added to the mineral sites. It's a labor of love for me just always find something that can be done.

Jim Boyd

Year round for us.

Already cut in about 3 acres of new plots

Soil tests (12) sent in, results are back.

Never ends!

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I'm constantly getting ready and if I'm not I should be. There's lots to do during the off season.
You got that right! I like to be finished before it’s hot and the only thing left to do is fall planting.

Almost turkey season. I'll figure out next season while Mr Spur is henned up.
yea I’m ready for some turkey time!!

We planted some spring/summer food plots this past Saturday. Also added to the mineral sites. It's a labor of love for me just always find something that can be done.

Yup!!

oldfella1962

Been working for the last three weekends creating a creek crossing on my Cobb property. I have never done this before but have always had luck clearing property and watching deer use the path of least resistance. Our banks are 8-12 foot high with almost no access from the creek below. The deer travel up and down the other side and eventually cross but it is a ways up or down the creek. It looks great now and the deer are using it already. I will post pictures soon. Note to self lose the mattock somewhere I am tired of swinging it.

Sounds like a good idea! I located a few stream crossings last season that I didn't get to hunt much but I want to "sweeten the deal" by making them even more attractive than they are.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I am spraying the clover for weeds and going fishing.