best glue for inserts?

GADawg08

had some arrows cut the other day and the fellow used some "glue" that I had never seen. It was a stick that you had to melt and then rub on the insert. I told him I wasn't too sure about it and he said it was the best stuff he had ever used. Well, I've had three inserts pull out already. I've used super glue in the past on some arrows and had good results, but what do you guys recommend? Is there something better out there?

Hunter922

I use Goat Tuff.. Good stuff..

sasmojoe

had some arrows cut the other day and the fellow used some "glue" that I had never seen. It was a stick that you had to melt and then rub on the insert. I told him I wasn't too sure about it and he said it was the best stuff he had ever used. Well, I've had three inserts pull out already. I've used super glue in the past on some arrows and had good results, but what do you guys recommend? Is there something better out there?
That's what I have always used. If not prepped properly they will pull out.

Kris87

Prep is probably most important. Make sure all the dust is out, and I typically scrub mine with a rifle bore brush with a dab of acetone. After that, the best glue I've found is Bohning Insert Iron. You WON'T get one of those out. I don't like Super glue as it gets brittle. Hot melt is OK, but messy and there are better options these days.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
sg_g_cntrl.png

For inserts and vanes. It's superior to your run of the mill super glue in every way. It's a gel, so it doesn't run and get on everything you don't want it on, and it doesn't get brittle.

sasmojoe

The thing I like about the hot melt especially when shooting fixed broadheads, you can tweak your inserts if needed for alignment.

Stump06

Like Kris said, a little bit of prep goes a long way. I use insert weld, don't remember who makes but its good stuff.

NBN

I've been using the Bohning blue cool flex hot melt since it came out. It has been the best I've seen in years. It's easy to remove glue in points or rotate broadheads for tuning. I shoot a lot and it's the real deal.