Little Lake Carters (Rereg) Good fishing?

primey

Is the little lake at Carters good for fishing and is it safe to run a bass boat in it most of the time? Any one have a link or numbers on what is not safe to run in lake levels? Thanks for the info.

Primey

Danny Leigh

GONetwork Member
It should be safe to run when the lake is up but I would pick a day that the level is high. They usually pump back at night so it shouldn't go down too much from the morning level.

I have only fished it a few times and the fishing used to be decent. They had a problem with the rereg dam several years ago and just about drained the whole thing which flushed most of the fish into the Coosawattee. They stocked some fish in there, but I would imagine there are not too many big fish in there yet.

https://waterdata.usgs.gov/ga/nwis/...=14&begin_date=2017-10-26&end_date=2017-11-02

NGPhoenix

I fished it a lot this year. Caught lots of fish, but nothing big (spots and LM). I did see a guy catch a 28 pound striper, and have seen the top water explode with what seemed like big stripes. As far as taking a boat....you can run a regular boat on it. I would make sure the level is up, though. You don't want to be on there blind when it's down. You know when it's down because a lot of rocks will be exposed around the launch ramp. Just take it slow and stay in the channels. You can be in what seems like deep water, but if you are out of the channel and the water is down, it might not be a foot deep.

primey

Thanks for the info and stream flow gauge information guys. I will have to try and check it out ;-)Primey