Bump fire

ucfireman

So I was going to buy one a few years back and didn't. Now after the Las Vegas shooting I went looking. The Slide fire is still available ($300+) but the Bumpfire seems to be off the market. They were $99.00 plus shipping. So does anyone know what happened to them? I think they were being sued by Slidefire.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Don't know what happened, but I wouldn't waste my money. Yeah, shooting fully auto is cool for the first little bit, then you realize how much ammo you're throwing away.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Back in the early 1970s the 35mm SLR camera companies came out with fully automatic picture attachments that held 250 negatives. You could take all the 250 pictures in a matter of seconds. The attachments would cost about $1000 new. After the people that bought them and sent the first roll of negatives to be developed and got the bill you could buy the attachment for your camera used for $100.

JUST SAYING. :banginghe

gt40

transfixer

I've only seen one of those stocks in person, not sure whether it was a bump fire or slide fire, they take some getting used to in order to make it work, sort of a rhythm if you will, to me they are much ado about nothing, they aren't as fast as full auto guns, and full auto weapons are basically only for suppressive fire, or wiping out groups, unless you're using something like that for either of those two options, then they are just wasting ammo, there is a reason the military went to 3 shot burst on the majority of their m4's.

As far as what happened to Bumpfire ? Don't know, I would imagine the market was rather slim for those products, so if that's all the company produced then they probably didn't stay in business? as I said I've only seen one of those type stocks, it was a long while ago, and I know dozens of people with AR type weapons, and none currently own a stock like that to my knowledge. So its a very small market.

PappyHoel

They will be banned soon anyway don't waste your money

transfixer

Just saw an article this morning that said slidefire retailers are sold out, and future orders are suspended due to backlog, already heard on the msm politicians are already talking about passing legislation to outlaw stocks like those. smdh facepalm:

wareagle700

Not sure why everyone is in a hurry to buy a soon to be illegal stock. That’s how it sounds at least, even the NRA thinks they should be re defined by the ATF.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Not sure why everyone is in a hurry to buy a soon to be illegal stock. That’s how it sounds at least, even the NRA thinks they should be re defined by the ATF.

yep...would hate to pay $300 for something that may get outlawed

I haven't needed one up yo this point...guess I won't have trouble doing without

PappyHoel

They should ban thumbs and belt loops while their at it.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I can get by without a bump stock...not sure if I can get by not hooking my thumbs in my belt loops

transfixer

I just noticed over on GON Classfieds a couple people have their Slidefire stocks for sale ,,, one is $1250.00 ,, and the other one is $1000.00 !:eek: I guess they are trying to cash in on the hysteria ? :rolleyes: smh

WayneB

I guess i ought to put mine on fleabay, make enough to retire.

I bought a rifle from a kid in trouble some time ago, had one on it. Took all of 10 minutes to take off and chuck in a corner. Flimsy and makes the rifle wobble on your shoulder.. without firing.
like all fads, looks good, doesn't work.

Nimrod71

I wouldn't have one if it was give to me. They just waste ammo. I still believe one shot, one kill. From what I have seen of the bumpfire the weapon moves to much and there is no way to have any type of accurate fire and they a just spray and pray devices.