LETS POLL IT! Have you ever had a Bigfoot “type” encounter?

Do you believe in Bigfoot?

• It’s possible, but unlikely

• Impossible

• Maybe in the Pacific NW

• No Doubt, I've had or know someone I believe had an encounter

• Too much evidence to deny so yes

Results are only viewable after voting.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I searched through a few pages, but didn’t find any threads on the subject of Bigfoot. This seems to be the place for one to be.….I’ll go first.
First off, I’ve never seen one, but have pretty much believed in them my entire life. I guess I was 5ish when we saw the legend of boggy creek at the drive in. Seemed like a documentary so it had to be true. My best friend also believes and years ago we used to read lots of reports. There have been reports for well over a century and Native Americans all seem to have a different name for them. It only takes 1 story to be true for them to be real, is the camp I’m in. So yeah, I believe 100%!

1st encounter was Len and I at East valley gate at Pinelog. First thing in the FREEZING AM, Just before the skies were beginning to lighten. I already had my ear muffs on so I didn’t hear anything, but Len swears he did! He heard a long deep howl, similar to the sierra sounds. The sierra sounds can be found online if you’re interested. To this day it drives him crazy that I didn’t hear it.

2nd was me walking at Pinelog and I found a bare foot track. A huge one! It reminded me of the hillbillies foot on that hillbilly wheat bread my dad used to buy. It may have been a double step from a bear. But, it was deep and there were no claw tips in the print. It was a fresh track, not more than a day. When I found it, the hair on the back of my neck stood on end, the adrenaline rush was enormous and I spun around going into fight mode…..it was quite the experience.

3rd was a scream I heard at Sugar hill golf course. Way on the backside which at the time was woods that lead to the chattahoochee river, south of Buford dam.….they run a sprinkler system in those woods for the water treatment plant, which basically is sugar hill golf course. I’m not sure what it was, but I’m pretty sure about what it wasn’t. 4 of us had just teed off and the scream we heard shook us all, raising the hairs on everyone’s necks. It was a very deep, low growl that slowly went into a high pitch scream I can only describe as a woman being tortured At the top of the crescendo. An enormous rush hit me like A ton of bricks! The cart path runs along the woods where the scream came from. It’s also a great place to find golf balls. Both of our carts cut across the fairway instead of going that way. I’m pretty sure 2 of the other players just dropped balls instead of going over to where theirs were. I think it was almost 20 years ago, but I’ll never forget it.

Anyone else?

Redbow

It has been reported that some kind of creature has been seen many times in the Croatan National Forest here in eastern NC something that should not be in there. One day I was up on the White Oak River walking trails up there. As I moved slowly along suddenly I got the feeling that something or someone was watching me and the hair on the back of my neck stood up. I stopped and looked all around but I saw nothing it was just a feeling that came upon me.

I will never know if something or someone was watching me that day but hidden from my sight. Anyway I took an arrow our of my quiver, nocked it in my bow string and walked back to my truck in the parking lot maybe a half mile distant. Never saw another soul or anything else that morning but left the area and drove home.

Last edited:

Resica

I searched through a few pages, but didn’t find any threads on the subject of Bigfoot. This seems to be the place for one to be.….I’ll go first.
First off, I’ve never seen one, but have pretty much believed in them my entire life. I guess I was 5ish when we saw the legend of boggy creek at the drive in. Seemed like a documentary so it had to be true. My best friend also believes and years ago we used to read lots of reports. There have been reports for well over a century and Native Americans all seem to have a different name for them. It only takes 1 story to be true for them to be real, is the camp I’m in. So yeah, I believe 100%!

1st encounter was Len and I at East valley gate at Pinelog. First thing in the FREEZING AM, Just before the skies were beginning to lighten. I already had my ear muffs on so I didn’t hear anything, but Len swears he did! He heard a long deep howl, similar to the sierra sounds. The sierra sounds can be found online if you’re interested. To this day it drives him crazy that I didn’t hear it.

2nd was me walking at Pinelog and I found a bare foot track. A huge one! It reminded me of the hillbillies foot on that hillbilly wheat bread my dad used to buy. It may have been a double step from a bear. But, it was deep and there were no claw tips in the print. It was a fresh track, not more than a day. When I found it, the hair on the back of my neck stood on end, the adrenaline rush was enormous and I spun around going into fight mode…..it was quite the experience.

3rd was a scream I heard at Sugar hill golf course. Way on the backside which at the time was woods that lead to the chattahoochee river, south of Buford dam.….they run a sprinkler system in those woods for the water treatment plant, which basically is sugar hill golf course. I’m not sure what it was, but I’m pretty sure about what it wasn’t. 4 of us had just teed off and the scream we heard shook us all, raising the hairs on everyone’s necks. It was a very deep, low growl that slowly went into a high pitch scream I can only describe as a woman being tortured At the top of the crescendo. An enormous rush hit me like A ton of bricks! The cart path runs along the woods where the scream came from. It’s also a great place to find golf balls. Both of our carts cut across the fairway instead of going that way. I’m pretty sure 2 of the other players just dropped balls instead of going over to where theirs were. I think it was almost 20 years ago, but I’ll never forget it.

Anyone else?
Is that why you are BF?
Buddy and I had a strange encounter spring turkey once. Heard a growl/ scream below us that was something we had never heard before. Then we heard whatever it was walking across a small boulder field and you could hear the hollow sound of one rock making contact with another. We discussed things for a few and decided it was best to leave . We were above it and truck was below both it and us. We moved to our right a good ways then dropped down to the vehicle. Never heard a sound like that before or since but it shook both of us up.

Same mountain a few years later I found where something defecated on the game lands road. It looked human in nature but was about 3 times the diameter. Wasn't a bear. This was Pennsylvania.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I’ve been listening to this guy Steve who has a YouTube channel. (How to hunt) He’s a guide in Canada and seems As real as a man can get. He reads emails verbatim from folks who send in their stories. This Let’s them get it out and share with like others. Many a outdoorsperson have been too afraid to return to the woods, after seeing such creatures. The more common aftermath seems to be negative, more often than positive.
Folks jump on the making fun bandwagon which is why most folk keep such dreadful events inside. I’m not cursed with it, but I’m sure keeping things like that inside can’t be healthy. It’d be better to share with someone in a “get it off your chest“ kind of way at least IMHO. That I’m sure of, even if I’m wrong about it.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
No, I do not believe in bigfoot. It's funny that nobody ever saw them here for thousands of years until a few years ago, now they're supposedly running everywhere. If there is something like that, which I very, very seriously doubt, it's out in the Pacific Northwest. It's not in suburban Georgia, or anywhere in the southeast. Maybe Louisiana, if such a thing is anywhere. A hundred and twenty years ago, 90% of the southern Appalachians were industrially clearcut logged from bottom to top. The deer couldn't even survive, much less sasquatches.
The Cherokee have no tradition of bigfoot. Some people have tried to twist some of their stories into it, but it's just not, plain and simple. If it had been here, they would have known it. Giant snakes? Yep. Giant frogs? Yep. Giant yallerjackets? Yep. Giant hairy apes? Nope.
And it's also funny that folks who spend their whole lives back in the woods day and night, and are excellent woodsmen, never see one. But some dude from NYC can come down here and have three sightings in a week and never get a mile from the pavement.

buckpasser

@bfriendly

Here’s why it’s got to be tough to be a believer:

1) trail cameras everywhere - never a good picture, ever
2) thermal drones flying constantly over deer woods - never even a glimpse of one

Combine that with the fact that a carcass has never been recovered, and that there is an industry that makes money off of keeping this legend “alive” and you have yourself an extremely low chance of there being any large, unknown humanoid ape creatures on the globe. Extremely low as in less than .000000000000000”1 %.

Kev

Years ago it snowed about 3 inches. My girlfriend and I were walking down a logging road deep in the woods. We started seeing large bare foot prints in the snow. No idea why someone would walk through the wood, in the snow barefoot.

Sargent

I think I've told this story before...

In college, we were going to a buddy's family's cabin. I had to work so I was coming late... after dark. It was up a winding road with switchbacks.

I turned a corner and saw something clamoring up the side of a hill. It was HUGE and since it was dark, all I saw was an outline... a very big outline.

Scared the crap out of me.

Next day, the biggest human being I've ever seen came by to see if we could take him to his truck, which had stalled down the road aways.

Turns out he climbed up the hill the previous night as a short cut. He lived about a half mile away from my friend's cabin and they knew each other.

I didn't tell him I thought he was Sasquatch and almost crapped myself.