Another pig

dm/wolfskin

I rather have a deer but another pig will have to do. Got down to the property I hunt deer at but forgot my keys to open the gate. Rhonda had gotten home from work so I didn't have to lock the door behind me. So I turn around and head back home. 10 til 5. I have to get down the road a ways to call home, no phone service at the property. I get Rhonda on the phone at home and make sure she going to be there. My keys are in my wooden Holland shoes I had when I was little in Holland on a table in the kitchen. It's about a 40-minute ride one way. I get back down there 15 to 6. I get to my pre-drilled sweetgum and up I go. Once I get in my lock-on stand, I'm getting everything hooked up, I look across the branch and see some small river cane moving. Big old black sow along with a big brown pig both about 50 yards away. I get my bow and arrows pulled up and unhook my linesman belt cause my other rope is now hooked up to my rock climbing harness. Get my bags hung up and an arrow on the string and turn around where I can get a shot if they come on over. No sooner than said here comes 7 out in front of me to a salt lick waller. The big ones are still on the other side of the branch. Two more show up along with 5 or so 20 ounce size chipmunk looking ones. Not to get greedy on killing a bigger one, as soon as one in the first group gives me the right angle, I shoot a Tiger Shark on a GT shaft into one behind the left front shoulder and away they all go. So I pack up everything that I just set up and go back down the tree. I pick up a blood trail about 10 yards from impact. They all go back across the branch. I start leaving a paper trail. The blood trail is looking good after 50 yards out. I'm thinking he can't be far with the shot hit but you never know. I get to a big down oak tree and see him lying length way with the trunk of the tree. He ain't dead either. I knock another arrow with a 160 gr Grizzly broadhead this time and put another arrow in him. He busts out there for 10 yards and stops alongside the down tree in some small cane. After a minute I decide to shoot again. This time a 165 gr Land Shark gets the call. He's gone in a flash but I hear the death squeals in seconds. He maybe went 50 yards after that third shot. They can be tough. The first shot went through the lungs. You can see in the first picture the pink by the vine sticking out of the entry hole is lung. The grizzly went through the backstraps and didn't do anything but mess up the backstraps. Stinking little fellow too.

Attachments

• pig10-18-17.jpg
    pig10-18-17.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 289
  • pig1 10-18-17.jpg
    pig1 10-18-17.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:

sawtooth

Put a combination lock on the gate Miley! Then scratch the combination on the limb of your bow! Nice pig man! Mathis Pig eradicatORS, Inc.

bronco611

nice jog, by the way how old is that bow? I see you wrap it in your favorite night time camo, electrical tape lol nice job! just kidding about the tape but it is still funny.