Paymaster's marinade

Oldstick

Try teriyaki instead of soy.
It seems less salty to me.

Great idea! Also I am a butter person, so I will cheat with melted butter sometimes. This works because I usually don't marinade the steaks a long time or in the fridge.

Olive oil is great with Mr. Pay's marinade, but I've gotten annoyed more than once at pricey restaurants (I believe they were located in CA:bounce:) that brought the bread out then plopped down a bottle of oil with a little crushed up spices on a plate to rub the bread in. I was thinking, how much discount do I get because you don't have any butter????

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Getting ready to give this a try. How long do you marinate the steaks? Has anyone tried this marinade with venison?

Bones

At least a couple hours,but 4 or 5 hours is better.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Getting ready to give this a try. How long do you marinate the steaks? Has anyone tried this marinade with venison?

Bones

Yes, I've used a version of it to marinate whole backstraps. I use a little more olive oil, use Worcestershire instead of soy, and add a bit of dry red wine.

Shadow11

Bout to try this on a deer steak. Well, sort of....there wasn't much to choose from at dollar general. It'll be kind of the same. I found this marinade recipe on google, lol.

pop pop jones

I read a huge amount of post, bragging about paymasters meat marinade. And now I see 90% of y'all don't use it but say that it is.

Shadow11

Bout to try this on a deer steak. Well, sort of....there wasn't much to choose from at dollar general. It'll be kind of the same. I found this marinade recipe on google, lol.
Got lazy yesterday, but I'm about to mix up a batch and cook the steaks later today. Would you say this coffee is fine enough? Also, do y'all sprinkle the montreal on the steaks, or do you mix all of it together?
Screenshot_2021-04-12-05-33-22.png

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I mix it all together in large ziplock bag, toss in steaks and marinade several hours before cooking. The fine ground coffee dies a better job, but that will work.

Shadow11

I mix it all together in large ziplock bag, toss in steaks and marinade several hours before cooking. The fine ground coffee dies a better job, but that will work.
Thanks. Gonna mix it now and get em marinating, and see what happens. I really don't feel like going all the way to the grocery store this morning.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I read a huge amount of post, bragging about paymasters meat marinade. And now I see 90% of y'all don't use it but say that it is.
I use it pretty often and love the results. I just substitute Winchester sauce for the soy to make it less salty.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Got lazy yesterday, but I'm about to mix up a batch and cook the steaks later today. Would you say this coffee is fine enough? Also, do y'all sprinkle the montreal on the steaks, or do you mix all of it together?
View attachment 1076501
That coffee will work just fine. I usually put the W-shire on first, then the olive oil so that it doesn't seal the w-shire out, then sprinkle on the Montreal and coffee.

Shadow11

They've been in the fridge since about 8 this morning. I pulled em out about an hour ago. This is what they look like right now. I'm gonna try charcoal. I've always used gas, so I'm not real sure what I'm doing. Here is what they look like now..... Bout to put on grill....say a prayer...

Screenshot_2021-04-12-18-20-04.png

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Well......:rolleyes: