Clay County

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
glad yal are still in here. ive been on saturday mornings since the opener. cut a doe and lost her (long story/broadhead fail) havent had the urge to draw back since then, though ive been covered up in little bucks. things are looking great for as little effort as ive put in. florida boy did you ever find a new place? i take it you managed to keep your lease or find something nearby. thanks for reviving this thread. good to talk to folks that are nearby.

florida boy

glad yal are still in here. ive been on saturday mornings since the opener. cut a doe and lost her (long story/broadhead fail) havent had the urge to draw back since then, though ive been covered up in little bucks. things are looking great for as little effort as ive put in. florida boy did you ever find a new place? i take it you managed to keep your lease or find something nearby. thanks for reviving this thread. good to talk to folks that are nearby.

We lost our big lease but still have the same camp area that we have always had . We ended up getting 5 different tracts from 83 acres to 400 acres in Early and Clay county . We have 6 family members and 2 other guys that have always hunted with us . I like the "static free " hunting group .

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
man i'm glad you got it worked out and managed to stay in the neigborhood. might pop in on yal at camp one of these weekends to say hello.

12pointer

Rode up to the club sat. to help my brother n law move a stand , check out the food plots that we had planted sat. before they are coming up real good with this rain.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
lots of does and fawns today. they were hitting the acorns at all hours. was feeling lazy and decided to give them another week. discovered that the hogs are back in my hollow worse than ever. manage to kill 2. might bring the AR next saturday and send them a message. wind and temp surprised me this morning i froze my tail off. just checking in...

florida boy

lots of does and fawns today. they were hitting the acorns at all hours. was feeling lazy and decided to give them another week. discovered that the hogs are back in my hollow worse than ever. manage to kill 2. might bring the AR next saturday and send them a message. wind and temp surprised me this morning i froze my tail off. just checking in...

atleast you are seeing a few deer . We have very few hardwood trees on the majority of our properties and our deer sightings are pretty slim when they start falling elsewhere

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
sat it out last weekend but did hunt this Saturday morning. whiteoaks are slim, but acorns everywhere in general has them moving good. still passing on does with fawns, guess I just haven't been in the mood. hogs are so bad I could pure smell them. did not see any this trip though. haven't heard any shooting to speak of besides one shot opening morning sounded about a mile or so north probably along kolomoki crk. did bust this coyote though...

Attachments

• IMG_20151031_084103_480.jpg
    IMG_20151031_084103_480.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 484

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
just a matter of days. anybody seeing anything? scrapes and rubs all over the place. i may switch to the clearcut saturday morning to see if theyre starting to mix it up.

florida boy

just a matter of days. anybody seeing anything? scrapes and rubs all over the place. i may switch to the clearcut saturday morning to see if theyre starting to mix it up.

I havent been back up lately but a couple of our guys have been . They have been seeing alot of deer in general and a few small bucks aggravating does . Dad said they are back to hitting corn and patches pretty hard .

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
i heard they're stackin'em up in cuthbert. that means we're next! i'm pull away from the acorns move to the buck-hole tomorrow given the east/northeast wind. maybe they'll be on their feet. i'll be sure to report.

southwestslayer

This past weekend some of the guys are at camp said the deer are moving good. One buck was shot bumping a doe, scrapes are showing up. The buck shot would of been a stud 8 point but had grown only 2 points on one side.

Attachments

• c685a012-2e7b-4630-98c6-7f419ce66b37(1).jpeg
    c685a012-2e7b-4630-98c6-7f419ce66b37(1).jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 269

12pointer

The deer have been moving real good the last two weekends at my club in fort Gaines ,my son killed a nice 10pt. and another member killed a nice 9pt. two weekends ago. Two more of my members killed a nice 10pt. and a nice 8pt. this passed weekend. The bucks are starting to chase the does real good, my son was climbing down his tree this past sat. morning when a 8pt ran up within 15 yds. of his tree , he had already filmed two other bigger bucks running does earlier that morning. Guys get in the woods the deer are moving. Happy Thanksgiving fellow hunters.

20151115_111242.jpg
20151114_190024.jpg
20151122_102621.jpg
20151122_102844.jpg

Last edited:

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
hunted fri afternoon and sat morning. lots of bucks in the woods and on the road. partner killed a nice one this morning in the stand where we have to take turns. saw an 8 following a doe with a spike in-tow. i believe we're there. hope my dec 5 vacation isnt late.