Havoc boats.

havoc boats

havocs are nice boats but if your going to hit a lot of stumps I would suggest a gator tail, prodigy or a custom boat with thicker metal. My son has a 1744 gator tail with a gtr 35 and its a tank. top speed of 28 mph but will go just about any where.

FowlPlay1

havocs are nice boats but if your going to hit a lot of stumps I would suggest a gator tail, prodigy or a custom boat with thicker metal. My son has a 1744 gator tail with a gtr 35 and its a tank. top speed of 28 mph but will go just about any where.

Yea that seems to be a common topic with the havoc being its .100 not being quite rigid enough to handle the rough stuff.

Gaducker

Chad makes his triple tapers to basically the shape of a round chine, if I could draw on this computer I could show ya lol. But instead of a smooth curve it's like 3 2"strips crimped to make the shape. Couldn't see how it would be any different.

And FWIW the excels I've seen don't perform with a mud motor hanging off of them nearly as well as other mud hulls like gator trax, prodigy, and gator tail extreme hulls. Do they work? Yes. But they don't quite measure up in the performance category

I have seen the way there built but have not driven one and while I would buy a boat from Chad, I would not even consider buying one until I carved up a few hard turns with it to make sure it didn't slide and I end up in the water like you did that time.....

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I have seen the way there built but have not driven one and while I would buy a boat from Chad, I would not even consider buying one until I carved up a few hard turns with it to make sure it didn't slide and I end up in the water like you did that time.....

I didn't end up in the water....my first mate didfacepalm:. The boat I have now turns real well.

DLH_Woodstock

I am not a boat expert but I hunted out of a Gatortrax boat in Arkansas and it is tough. Brandon Turner (Banded Mallard Company) took it into and out of places I would never have gone or tried to go. I kept telling him your crazy and we're all going to die in the frozen swamp. But that boat never missed a beat. We had to drag it off of and over logs and sandbars but the boat tough and dependable. I came away saying if I came out here much I would be getting one.

Woods Savvy

I didn't end up in the water....my first mate didfacepalm:. The boat I have now turns real well.

the havoc is the high performance John boat,I've ran several this year and it will throw you out if you do not have handles. They were made for speed not to jump stumps everyday.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
the havoc is the high performance John boat,I've ran several this year and it will throw you out if you do not have handles. They were made for speed not to jump stumps everyday.

Also known as junk in the mud boat world

GSURugger

got an Arkansas friend who just recently got a 1650 Havoc with a GTR hanging on it. He had the hull built .125", and I can testify to its stump jumping abilities.

rnelson5

Mizzippi JB what kind of boat are you running. I have been looking hard at those prodigys for about a year now and am getting ever closer to pulling the trigger on one but I keep hearing about this "sliding" problem with them. Can you or any one else explain to me why they do it? Me being an outboard guy this is all new to me.

GSURugger

Mizzippi JB what kind of boat are you running. I have been looking hard at those prodigys for about a year now and am getting ever closer to pulling the trigger on one but I keep hearing about this "sliding" problem with them. Can you or any one else explain to me why they do it? Me being an outboard guy this is all new to me.

Square chine, flat bottom boats will "lose grip" on the water and begin to slide sideways, whereas a round or tapered turns more akin to a bass boat. Square chine boats produce lift which causes the sliding.

When they catch it's pretty hilarious. Skip to about 1:20 or so.

Gaducker

Did yall see him clench his toes up so his mandels didnt fly off.... I just :bounce::bounce::bounce: and :bounce::bounce::bounce:ed

rnelson5

Square chine, flat bottom boats will "lose grip" on the water and begin to slide sideways, whereas a round or tapered turns more akin to a bass boat. Square chine boats produce lift which causes the sliding.

When they catch it's pretty hilarious. Skip to about 1:20 or so.

Ya that's not cool. Are you saying the the prodigys are prone to do this?

jparham

Check out f&f boats in Monticello, Arkansas. Custom boats but were reasonable on price, and built like a tank!

Gaducker

Im pretty sure a prodigy wont do that but will it do a 180 on a dime if I ask it to like a GT?

dom

my prodigy WILL cut a turn. Now depending on weight in the boat i might slide a little but it's nothing like that video.

Weight distribution in flat bottom boats matters!

Latest posts