Hunting from boat in tidal waters

strictnine

did some scouting and found a great spot for coastal ducks. I’ve never hunted coastal so just wanted to see if the rules are similar to some large lakes rules. The spot i found is a large inlet. Almost like a river surrounded by marsh with no structure built on it at all. The marsh land is owned by the county I’m in per ONx. Am i allowed to hunt from the boat in a spot like that? Cant find any info.

CJT

Yup. Just shot a limit of marsh gadwalls. Please be sure to wear a PFD while running and keep an eye on tides and wind when you are out here. Those north winds can empty out salt marshes in a hurry!
I would bet the OP was referring to GA coastal waters and not gulf coastal waters. North winds don’t empty out marshes on the GA coast, west winds do, and not in the same manner or longevity due to semidiurnal (4 tides per 24 hrs) as opposed to the diurnal tides (2 tides per 24 hrs) in the gulf. Also, much greater tide swings occur on the GA coast, but with a lot sooner prospect of getting off the mud bar if stuck on one. Stuck in the marsh on a hard north wind in the gulf can be a long wait!