Havoc boats.

Barroll

Im pretty sure a prodigy wont do that but will it do a 180 on a dime if I ask it to like a GT?

Why do you need to do a 180 at full throttle?

Not trying to be a smart CensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensored but that is not realistic in a hunting situation.

Coming from someone who has driven both: The triple taper chine will do everything within reason you need it to turning wise while hunting.

It is like having a jacked up truck.....Can it go through that mud....YES...do you realistically need it to....NO

But dont take my word for it. Give prodigy a call and im sure they will be more than willing to take you for a test run..

Gaducker

Why do you need to do a 180 at full throttle?

Not trying to be a smart CensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensored but that is not realistic in a hunting situation.

Coming from someone who has driven both: The triple taper chine will do everything within reason you need it to turning wise while hunting.

It is like having a jacked up truck.....Can it go through that mud....YES...do you realistically need it to....NO

But dont take my word for it. Give prodigy a call and im sure they will be more than willing to take you for a test run..

Because I don't want to go skidin out across the water like JB did and like I see them boys down a Seminole doin. In most instances when it really counts and you need to get out of the way fast you need to be able to cut it quick.

I don't NEED a cummins in my jeep but I got one. :bounce::bounce:

That video above looks like the boat has to be coaxed into that turn to make it bite.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Mizzippi JB what kind of boat are you running. I have been looking hard at those prodigys for about a year now and am getting ever closer to pulling the trigger on one but I keep hearing about this "sliding" problem with them. Can you or any one else explain to me why they do it? Me being an outboard guy this is all new to me.

That's me driving my old boat in the video lol. My buddy Todd, who is in front of my boat in the pic below, is the videographer above. Thanks Rugger for posting it. Go pro at its finest. I have a 17-56 gator tail extreme hull now (turns and cuts great) with a gtr 35 stage 2. It has a taper chine that runs the length of the hull.

GSURugger

That's me driving my old boat in the video lol. My buddy Todd, who is in front of my boat in the pic below, is the videographer above. Thanks Rugger for posting it. Go pro at its finest. I have a 17-56 gator tail extreme hull now (turns and cuts great) with a gtr 35 stage 2. It has a taper chine that runs the length of the hull.
Lol. I figured everyone needed to see how to properly apply foot traction to flip flops

Barroll

I am not sure if your boat was a special order but typically...
GT extreme has a "stepped" chine. It is different than a triple taper.

vrooom

Because I don't want to go skidin out across the water like JB did and like I see them boys down a Seminole doin. In most instances when it really counts and you need to get out of the way fast you need to be able to cut it quick.

I don't NEED a cummins in my jeep but I got one. :bounce::bounce:

That video above looks like the boat has to be coaxed into that turn to make it bite.

All the instances you are mentioning are in square chined boats

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I am not sure if your boat was a special order but typically...
GT extreme has a "stepped" chine. It is different than a triple taper.

Mine is the old style, with the,step running the whole length of the hull.

TireKicker

Banned
I can agree that the excel f4 isn't great with a surface drive. Now an outboard, it would probably shine.

If I was going to run an outboard. I would get a tunnel hull built.

Havoc 656

Got a havoc 656 a few weeks ago and lost be it. Never drove a boat that handles that way. It won't slide an inch wide open. I do circles around my buddies xpress and excel. Love it so far gonna hunt it hard a few years and see if it's as well built as it seems.

Marine

I bought a Havoc a few months ago from 4G Marine and I love this boat! By far the best handling boat I've ever been in. You will not be disappointed in a Havoc. This boat will literally turn on a dime! Very well built and FAST. I have a stock Yamaha 30 on mine and she touched 34.9 on my gps. Tim Scott has been doing this a long time and has been involved in a lot of great boats. I'll trust he's work. And if you want one go see 4G Marine. You'll get treated right!

rockwalker

Fellas I'll be at the Blast with a 1550DB (Duck boat) and a 1750DBST (step transom). I'll be breaking in that 1750 with a 50 horse Tohatsu and I'll offer a ride along to anyone that wishes to see these boats in action.

Yes the hull on these boats are 100 gauge and can all be upgraded to .125 at your request. Boats in this sport are subject to the most abuse as seen anywhere. People push them to the edge and sometimes you fall off that cliff but the measure of a company is done when there is an issue and I can assure you that if there is an issue Havoc will make it right. I know of boats being replaced due to issues and I also know of boats being replaced because they weren't put together right by some dealers. My point is Havocs are fast they are well built boats.

If anyone has any real questions on these boats let me know.

And by the way I'm Daniel and I own 4G Marine out of Griffin Ga all we sell are Havocs and there's a reason

Last edited: