big bucks mid day anyone?!?!?

coxd

biggest deer ive ever seen was between 12 and 1 same twice they pattern us move when people leave there house

florida boy

I have had my best luck between 10:30 and 1:00 on bigger bucks during the rut or post rut . I usally shoot or see a few 4yr old plus deer during this time . After bowseason is over I will not get in the stand till after it breaks daylight . This being said I killed my biggest deer 30 minutes after daylight 4 yrs ago . Anytime is a goodtime to be in the woods ! I have the patience these days to make long sits .

TOORED

This is a great thread and has gotten a lot of good answers.

I've hunted for 40 plus years, and I've learned that no matter how the deer pattern themselves, as soon as the rut starts their patterns change drastically. During the rut I've seen many big bucks during mid-day, and especially when the moon is full. But it seems that the ones I see mid-day are mostly eating and not chasing does for some reason.

Of course, it seems that when the primary rut is over, a space ship from Mars comes down and takes ALL the deer away with it! December can be HARD trophy hunting! All of the older bucks seem to go completely nocturnal.

I have great respect for hunters that stay in the stand all day long! I wish I could do it. But after 5 or so hours, I have a major butt coma!!

Havana Dude

This is a great thread and has gotten a lot of good answers.

I've hunted for 40 plus years, and I've learned that no matter how the deer pattern themselves, as soon as the rut starts their patterns change drastically. During the rut I've seen many big bucks during mid-day, and especially when the moon is full. But it seems that the ones I see mid-day are mostly eating and not chasing does for some reason.

Of course, it seems that when the primary rut is over, a space ship from Mars comes down and takes ALL the deer away with it! December can be HARD trophy hunting! All of the older bucks seem to go completely nocturnal.

I have great respect for hunters that stay in the stand all day long! I wish I could do it. But after 5 or so hours, I have a major butt coma!!

Closest I got to an all day sit this year was a 9 till dark sit. I can't hardly do it anymore. I have to move after a while. I mean I have to stand, stretch a little. In years past, I have done it 2-3 times a year. This was a bad year for me schedule wise. I work less hours now, but stuff just seemed to come up more this year. I have pretty much just had to resort to going when I can. This was a tough year in my neck of the woods as far as seeing deer. I killed a couple 8's, but both came on the morning sit between 8 and 9. I saw fewer deer period, than I have in the last 20 years hunting this tract, no matter what time of day it was, and can count on 2 hands the number of deer seen on an afternoon sit. I would not gauge anything according to this past season.

I didn't get one this year but I typicaly stay from sunup to sundown. It's not unusual for me to be in the woods for 9-12 hours at a time. Always come out with a clear mind and ready to face what life has to throw at me.

What a great way to sum it all up. In the end, main thing I'm looking for is a break from the stresses of everyday life, and the chance to "refresh" my mind while sitting out in the woods. I'm pretty much new to deer hunting and never realized how relaxing and fulfilling it is.