DPMS Panther Oracle 223/5.56

GregoryB.

Mine operates as smoothly as any AR, M16 or M4 that I carried during my 26 years as a Soldier. It's a good solid gun, it just doesn't have all the bells and whistles as more expensive versions.

wareagle700

With the current market you can get a much better rifle for a little more money. The DPMS rifles work ok for a fun gun but I wouldn't even consider one with all the other options. PSA offers some pretty good deals, I'd look there if you are like on a limited budget.

Robert28

For what those used to cost (400-450) you can step up to the S&W MP 2 for the same price. The DPMS should run around $399. The prices have dropped dramatically on AR's and are starting to on AK's too. Pistols seem to be hanging around the same though. I'm holding out until I see the Colt 6920's back in stock for $820 again. I just missed out on it last time but they should come back around soon.

We have Colts, S and W's, Rugers and a DPMS Oracle-- that has been fired more than all the others combined. Nary a bobble, we have no complaints. As has been stated, it's a buyers market so look around. But it has been a nice little rifle.

Ajohnson0587

Wait and save up some more money, buy a S&W. They are in the $600 range and is a much better rifle then the DPMS. Or you could start a build and buy the parts one at a time, then you can build exactly what you want and at your own pace.

beginnersluck

I bought a nice Country Boy Arms for just a little more than the DPMS...and good thing, it has a lifetime warranty, whereas the DPMS didn't. Plus the local guy is willing to adjust and help with any setup. DPMS is good from all I've researched...have nothing against it, but I'd recommend differently.

dixiejacket

Dpms

Had mine for about 18 months with well over a thousand rounds through it without hiccup. You can spend more but I am well pleased with mine.

for the money

a great gun. I own one, all I can say is this. Mine will not cycle cheap ammo. Factory high quality ammo and she will spit and fire as long as you have time, ammo and plenty of money.

I am so cheap, I have a 10 round clip.

s&r

killerv

I have one, its been great. Great weekend AR...heck, son killed his first deer with it this past year. But... I've been really diggin my new PSA lately.