1 MOA OR 2 MOA DOT FOR THE TX?

Big7

The Oracle
Headed to the shop to get a Holosun for the new TX.

Will be shooting targets mostly, probably comp.
If I do go comp, I'll likely be provided with a sponsored optic so another one may be in the cards anyway.

So, for targets out to 50 yards and plinking out to maybe 75, what do y'all recommend for an optic?
If I can hit with it good enough without to much thought, It might see the squirrel woods occasionally.

Right now, I'm looking at the Holosun line. They have some that are about the size I want with the reticle I HAVE to have which is a circle with a cross hair that can be switched to a single dot.
They are the same except one is red and one is green. Green is supposedly better in sunlight.

The 2 I'm looking at are available in 1, 2 and 3 MOA. It won't be a carry weapon so 3 MOA is out.

What do y'all think?

Thanks.

Gator89

Big dot for close targets and fast shooting, such as steel challenge. 5+ MOA for this.

For distance you want a small dot. Say you want to bust clay pigeons at 25 yards, you don't want the dot to appear bigger than the target. 2 or 3 MOA should be ok for this.

Dub

Most shooters can't tell the difference between 1MOA dot & 2MOA dots.....especially with variable brightness adjustments......heck...same for 3MOA for many people.....can't distinguish.

bullgator

A 2moa dot is 1” @ 50 yards and 1/2” @ 25.

Lilly001

I like the green dots. I believe that you can pick them up better in bright lite but you don’t suffer in dim light.
I like smaller dots. 2 mos would be my choice unless I was looking for longer distance precision.
Just my opinions from my use of the sights.