New Beretta APX is ugly

bullgator

The new striker fired pistol from Beretta isn't the best looking of the bunch......yuck

cmshoot

I like it.......form over function. With the exception of maybe the Steyr M, it has the lowest bore axis of any striker-fired, polymer pistol. The slide is definitely "grippy", regardless of where you grab it.

If I want purely in a semi-auto, I'd only use 1911's and BHP's!

wareagle700

Yeah, not real purty but neither are any of the other polymer frame guns.

I carry a Glock and they are some of the ugliest guns ever. I never thought I would own one, until I owned one. Now I own 5.

bullgator

This was certainly no knock on quality or functionality. It just struck me as the ugliest of the ugly. Maybe it's the scallops on the the slide......kind of a "what were you thinking?."

jfish

Silhouette to me looks like HK vp9. Just my first thought anyway.

Attachments

• IMG_6623.JPG
    IMG_6623.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 585
  • IMG_6622.JPG
    IMG_6622.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 574

Dub

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose.

As they guys have said already....when Glocks emerged I found them to be ugly ducklings. That was years ago....now I have grown to have confidence in them even if I don't really find any of the polymer guns to have the same visual appeal as a well made 1911.

bullgator

Funny thing is I like the VP9. I think those scallops are supposed to replace the grooves and it's just a big miss to me. Again, no knock on the piece as a weapon.

Bob Wallace

I know they must be selling them but Beretta handguns are all ugly to me. Much more so than a Glock. That said I'm not buying one for looks but it helps me justify it if it's a good looking gun

GoldDot40

I don't think it's ugly. If you want ugly, look no further than the Hi-Point.

Ain't that the truth. At least with the Hi Point, if it failed to fire, you could throw it and kill a couple of people.

frankwright

I think the whole group of the latest polymer pistols are really ugly. I am talking HK, Walther, latest CZ P10C, all of them have the forward grip design of the HiPoint.
But they all fit and feel much better in the hand then they look. I guess it is something I will have to get over.

Dub

I think the whole group of the latest polymer pistols are really ugly. I am talking HK, Walther, latest CZ P10C, all of them have the forward grip design of the HiPoint.
But they all fit and feel much better in the hand then they look. I guess it is something I will have to get over.

Ah.....was waiting for the mighty hi-point to emerge in the comparison. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have a buddy that swears by his. He maintains it'll last him a lifetime. I suppose he may be right because he NEVER shoots it. He bought his some ten years ago and has the original box of ammo with it. Just hope if he does ever need it...that the springs and whatever else holds them together works for him.:banginghe

It's funny how a gun design can be accepted or not based on looks/feel.

On looks, for instance, the Sig P226 & P220 never did much for me. Yet....I've found that I shoot them fairly well and that repeated range trips had me a believer.

First time I handled a Glock in a gunshop eons & eons ago...I thought this piece of junk will never hold up. It'll probably fall apart in a month. Boy was I wrong. They just run...and run....and run.....

I guess performance is the sort of thing that grows on me. In the case of hi-point, though, I'll never find out....just can't bring myself to try one, lol.

Rabun

Ah.....was waiting for the mighty hi-point to emerge in the comparison. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have a buddy that swears by his. He maintains it'll last him a lifetime. I suppose he may be right because he NEVER shoots it. He bought his some ten years ago and has the original box of ammo with it. Just hope if he does ever need it...that the springs and whatever else holds them together works for him.:banginghe

It's funny how a gun design can be accepted or not based on looks/feel.

On looks, for instance, the Sig P226 & P220 never did much for me. Yet....I've found that I shoot them fairly well and that repeated range trips had me a believer.

First time I handled a Glock in a gunshop eons & eons ago...I thought this piece of junk will never hold up. It'll probably fall apart in a month. Boy was I wrong. They just run...and run....and run.....

I guess performance is the sort of thing that grows on me. In the case of hi-point, though, I'll never find out....just can't bring myself to try one, lol.

I do own a Hi point 995TS that is a blast to shoot and very reliable as long as you're shooting FMJ. I've run a couple thousand rounds thru it so far with minimal failures...finally had to clean it. Would never consider it a personal defense weapon...just a cheap little fun gun that...so far anyway...is very reliable.