A Very Hungry Coyote.......

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I have never captured a photo sequence such as this during the past 7 years of using trail cameras.

I do realize that this happened in the middle of the night so clarity is not the best for sure as in these photos, the yotes were approximately 10-15 yards away from my camera. In the first photo, you can see two coyotes on the prowl as they are traveling across my pasture at 2:16 AM on 5/14/2018. Then an hour and 26 minutes later, you can see a lone coyote running by going back in the original direction of where they came from...........with a raccoon in its mouth too !!!! Also if you look really close, you an see that the stomach on this coyote appears to be very full already. I don't know if this is possibly a female coyote that may be expecting a new litter of pups sometimes soon.

Over these years, I have had a few photos with a raccoon and also a coyote standing nearby but never any interaction between them as such.

If you want to zoom in on any photo, all you have to do is hold down the Control Key and then punch the += key at the same time. Each time that you punch it, the zooming takes effect and you can see things much better that way. Likewise to return to the normal size, just hold down the Control Key and punch the _- key and it will return to normal size again.

Looking back at last weeks photos of this same camera location, I decided to edit this post to show the coyote that was crossing this same location last week just a few days before these two coyotes and the caught raccoon. Of course, this daytime coyote is a fairly large one so it might be the one that caught this raccoon. Frequently, I do have several coyotes that surely look more like wolves.

Attachments

• T-CAM # 1 IS - W            5-19-18 002.jpg
    T-CAM # 1 IS - W 5-19-18 002.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 852
  • T-CAM # 1 IS - W            5-19-18 004.jpg
    T-CAM # 1 IS - W 5-19-18 004.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 1,084
  • T-CAM # 1 IS - W            5-13-18 030.jpg
    T-CAM # 1 IS - W 5-13-18 030.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 994
Last edited:

Worlldbeater

cool pics EE444, thanks for sharing. That is one mean yote to pick a fight with a coon. It must have really got the jump on it.

Osceola Guy

Do you know I had to stop using raccoon urine due to seeing too many morning yote sightings on my tree stand. I’d kill a few and never seen deer. They for some reason or another attract coyotes.

rosewood

One varmint being eaten by another, I don't know who wins there, I guess you have one less varmint to worry about.