Nice 11 pointer

ssmith

Story of 11pt.

Had put up two stands on a friends property. You could see one from the other. His 12 yr old grandson had taken his first doe earlier in the season. At 7:30 i am in the further stand. At 8:30 my friends grown son and his nephew i see are coming to the close stand. It is very cold. The boy climbs up in the stand and uncle sitting at the base. I thought oh well they let me hunt so i wiil just be thankful. Then I notice the small dog with them. He tracks me over to my stand,messes around and then jumps a deer that had flagged me goin in.I watch them run through the woods to the creek. Around 9 I notice the young un climbing down. They got too cold and headed back to the house. I said to myself I will stay a bit longer. At 9:30 here comes the buck right past that stand and toward me. I fired and watched it crash 50 yds away. Seeing the rack I put a second shot in it to be sure it wouldn't get up. I called them for help. The boys mom said to him that would be a great lesson in patience as a hunter. A great memory for all

Had put up two stands on a friends property. You could see one from the other. His 12 yr old grandson had taken his first doe earlier in the season. At 7:30 i am in the further stand. At 8:30 my friends grown son and his nephew i see are coming to the close stand. It is very cold. The boy climbs up in the stand and uncle sitting at the base. I thought oh well they let me hunt so i wiil just be thankful. Then I notice the small dog with them. He tracks me over to my stand,messes around and then jumps a deer that had flagged me goin in.I watch them run through the woods to the creek. Around 9 I notice the young un climbing down. They got too cold and headed back to the house. I said to myself I will stay a bit longer. At 9:30 here comes the buck right past that stand and toward me. I fired and watched it crash 50 yds away. Seeing the rack I put a second shot in it to be sure it wouldn't get up. I called them for help. The boys mom said to him that would be a great lesson in patience as a hunter. A great memory for all
That is the way hunting should be ! Glad it worked out for you and it also showed the young uns experience is priceless :flag:

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Way to go! That's a mighty fine beast! :clap:

rosewood

The boys mom said to him that would be a great lesson in patience as a hunter. A great memory for all

I have often wondered how many nice deer came by after I have left in the morning. Or watched me climb down and walk out then came out to graze. But I can't stay there all day.

Nice deer!!

shdw633

Great deer!! Congratulations!!