How is teaching evolution NOT state sponsored athiesism?

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Evolution by definition assumes atheistic presuppositions and assumptions?

Evolution is taught in every state sponsored public school.

Thus the State is favoring one belief system over others.

Where am I wrong?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

Where am I wrong?

The sure fire indicator that you are wrong is that you are typing your thoughts instead of definitions.

"Evolution by definition assumes atheistic presuppositions and assumptions? "

Is your god incapable of getting an evolutionary system started?

Public schools teach according to the preponderance of evidence.

PLEASE show us the Atheistic presuppositions and assumptions in this:

Definition of evolution

1 descent with modification from preexisting species :cumulative inherited change in a population of organisms through time leading to the appearance of new forms :the process by which new species or populations of living things develop from preexisting forms through successive generationsEvolution is a process of continuous branching and diversification from common trunks. This pattern of irreversible separation gives life's history its basic directionality.—Stephen Jay Gould also :the scientific theory explaining the appearance of new species and varieties through the action of various biological mechanisms (such as natural selection, genetic mutation or drift, and hybridization)Since 1950, developments in molecular biology have had a growing influence on the theory of evolution.—NatureIn Darwinian evolution, the basic mechanism is genetic mutation, followed by selection of the organisms most likely to survive. —Pamela Weintraub

b :the historical development of a biological group (such as a race or species) phylogeny

2a a process of change in a certain direction :unfolding

b the action or an instance of forming and giving something off :emission

c(1) a process of continuous change from a lower, simpler, or worse to a higher, more complex, or better state :growth

(2)a process of gradual and relatively peaceful social, political, and economic advance
: something evolved

3: the process of working out or developing

4: the extraction of a mathematical root

5:a process in which the whole universe is a progression of interrelated phenomena

6: one of a set of prescribed movements

On the other hand, it is highly like you to point fingers while presupposing and assuming an invisible sky fairy did it.

WaltL1

Where am I wrong?
That's where you are wrong.

Artfuldodger

Some Christians see God as the Great Architect of the Universe. They see God as the Creator of science and thus he created using science. Look at all the scientific laws and principles in place today that Christian scientist, teachers, and doctors believe in and use.

Some Christians also see Creation as meaning Israel. Adam was the first in this lineage but not necessarily the first man on the earth.

There are other Christian beliefs concerning evolutionary creation as well. The point being a Christian that believes in science can also believe the Great Scientist creates through evolution, natural selection, etc.

Therefore one should not assume evolution has Atheist origins. Some scientist are Atheist and some believe in God as well. Same goes for teachers.

I can't see evolution happening without God.

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Why are evolution and religion mutually exclusive? Evolution is obviously a real thing-you can still see it at work today. Why couldn't God create by using evolution?

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Why are evolution and religion mutually exclusive? Evolution is obviously a real thing-you can still see it at work today. Why couldn't God create by using evolution?

I can see the headlines now....

The Six Days of Evolution.....

and God saw that it was good. <sarc>

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
How long is a day to God? Really?

“For a thousand years in Your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night.”

Do you believe that plants were actually created before the sun was like Genesis says? How did they live?

Israel

BANNED

“For a thousand years in Your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night.”

Do you believe that plants were actually created before the sun was like Genesis says? How did they live?

Because God created them to.

How could they not?

Israel

BANNED
My knuckles still drag a little...but I'm coming along.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Because God created them to.

How could they not?

Why won't they live without sunshine nowadays, then? And for that matter, how was there light without the sun, moon, or stars?

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy

yes, and they were able to live because light was created before the sun also.... figure that one out.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I guess light without the sun, moon, or stars got un-created at some point?

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I guess light without the sun, moon, or stars got un-created at some point?

I don't know. That is not addressed in the bible.

I figure if God can speak it into existence, he can do whatever he wants to with it.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
one issue that you would have is getting the atheist to admit that atheism is a religion.

They deny that the belief system they follow is a religion unto itself, but if you examine that belief system, it sure looks like a religion.

WaltL1

one issue that you would have is getting the atheist to admit that atheism is a religion.

They deny that the belief system they follow is a religion unto itself, but if you examine that belief system, it sure looks like a religion.
Its very odd how badly you guys seem to want this to be true.
Why?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

It can become that, yep. Ironically, especially among those whose whole life revolves around religion-hating. Liberalism is another good example of a "substitute" religion by proxy.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know. That is not addressed in the bible.

I figure if God can speak it into existence, he can do whatever he wants to with it.

I figure if God can speak something into existence, he can probably evolute it into existence, too. :)

WaltL1

It can become that, yep. Ironically, especially among those whose whole life revolves around religion-hating. Liberalism is another good example of a "substitute" religion by proxy.
Just a point -
It can become that, yep.
Atheism in itself, is not a religion. To your point "to become that" is a person taking the "original thing" and changing it into something else/something its not.
So isn't more accurate to say -
Yes some Atheists can take Atheism to the point of being "religious".
But no Atheism in itself is not a religion.
It, in itself, is simply -
a·the·ism
[ˈ�THēˌizəm]
NOUN
disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

Day trip

Virtually all atheism I’ve encountered is not so much a profound secure disbelief in God but a sound disbelief in someone else’s ideas about God. I don’t blame atheist. I don’t believe in many people’s ideas about God. Atheists or agnostics who are not dead set on simply being against someone else’s beliefs are very often better “Christians” than people who claim to believe.