No Bucks

With more than 100 hours in stand and countless hours of scouting no bucks seen or sign of any around. I have been hunting this area for 20 years I have never seen a year like this. Feeling this year maybe a bust for me.

ACracing98

Any water source near by? If so, try that! Were having the same issues until we started hunting close to a water source. Good luck!

tree cutter 08

Dont feel bad, I can't seem to get it together either. Think I've seen 8 deer on nf land. Hunted here at the house twice and seen that many deer. Been hard for me to.

Possum

Banned
What county? I too have hunted hundreds of hours this year around our home in Habersham county and have only seen one buck. Luckily I have other places to hunt.

The mtn man

Yea, ive only seen a couplevof small horned bushes all year, I can't find any buck sign.

Possum

Banned
I was amazed when I checked the GA game check results for Rabun yesterday. Only 38 does and 112 bucks in the whole county all season.
To the OP, Stephens county is another hit hard by the great deer decline. 10 years ago it had a lot of deer, now it's about as bad as the mountain counties.

Yea, I have noticed a slight decline where I hunt but this year seems to be a big difference from last year. Who knows maybe this rain and colder temps next weekend will get them moving. Have y'all seen any sign of the rut?

Possum

Banned
Seen sign in woods. Haven't seen much sign of rut but when you got low deer numbers like this you just ain't likely to see chasing.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I've had years with few sightings. Last year was one of them. This year I've seen several.

bowbuck

Not sure where you are hunting in Stephens but I have hunted two pieces of NF that are slap ate up in buck sign. It took some walking early season but they are there. I killed a small buck on family property early gun season for sentimental reasons and have passed several bucks on NF. On private land in Stephens I saw lot of deer through November. I have been shocked by the low numbers in Stephens on game check. I also have never seen so much baiting on NF as I have found in Stephens County. Three times this season I have walked up on corn piles.

I also did a lot of off season scouting last winter after deer season and that paid off with some early season success with the bow. Stay after it and try some new spots, they are still there somewhere.